Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Review: Ellana Buffer Brush

As promised, here's my take on Ellana Extra Large Buffer Brush that my sister gave me for Christmas :)

Description from Ellana's Website:
"Feel the difference with our brushes which are made of the highest quality nylon hair, for professional and personal use. Our brushes do not stiff in prolonged use, and are extremely soft and best for use on sensitive skin."

"This brush [extra large buffer brush] is larger than your average buffer brush. It is a full, dome-shaped brush for applying and distributing powder on the face for a polished, flawless finish. It's similar to a full size kabuki with a longer handle [5 inches] for better control"



My take:


Price: 4/5 - I am very much happy in getting this brush as a gift coz the price is a little pricey for me at this point in my life. But if you have a constant source of income, the Php750 is probably very affordable. Considering you are getting a good quality brush for less than a thousand pesos.

Quality: 4/5 - This brush has been with me for 2 weeks now and I have washed it (with mild shampoo and water) twice already. I am glad that even without conditioning the hairs, they are still as soft as when I first touch it. The quality of the hairs did not change. It had shed a couple of hairs but I guess that is normal in all brushes and hopefully will stop after a few more washes. And since this is synthetic, there is no weird smell from it. The hairs doesn't irritate my sensitive skin too because it is so soft just like my EDM long handled kabuki. It makes my makeup application a pleasurable experience hehe..I also like the size of the head, this allows me to finish my makeup faster coz it can cover a bigger space. The size of the brush head is similar with Charm pink kabuki (I'll edit this post later to add a picture comparing Charm and Ellana). I think with proper care, this brush can last me a very long time.


Size Comparisons:* Buffer brush vs my hand

* Buffer brush vs a P5 coin

Will I purchase again? Yes, if ever this get broken or lost. It has everything I want in a brush. Soft, doesn't shed, big dome shaped head, synthetic hairs and affordable. But hopefully, I'll get lucky and won't need to buy another one to replace it :)

For those of you want to get one of this, I got mine from my sister and her online shop is http://itzmei.multiply.com

2 comments:

Crystal said...

i have this brush too! it's really very good for doing makeup in a hurry because it's big!

Crystal Gale said...

^ haha, we like the same things! it's so cool noh? easy to finish especially if you are on the go :)