Saturday, August 1, 2009

My 1st Make-up Tutorial: "Eye Candy"

Hi guys! I got an urge yesterday morning to do a makeup tutorial (maybe due to too much watching of youtube makeup gurus) hehe. Well, I decided to try it just to check if I can or can't do it. So please comment so I can hear some feedbacks ^_^

*WARNING: picture heavy*

Okay, let's start! We are aiming for a wearable "eye candy" look. This is fun and colorful but you can still wear it in school or in work coz I tried to make it subdued for a daytime look. Hope you'll like it :)

Here's the look we're going to do:

Let's start with the base. I used Innisfree Trouble Care all over my face. I applied it using my finger tips. Don't forget to conceal the areas that needs to be concealed so that we can achieve a flawless canvass.


Now, let's do the eyes. Apply your eyeshadow base of choice to help your shadows adhere to your eyelids and give a better color pay-off. I used MAC paintpot in Painterly.


Apply it using with your ring finger and then dab it until you covered your eyelids (from lashline to browbone. Also apply some base on your lower lashline coz we are going to put some colors there later.


Using your flat shader brush, I use ELF eyeshadow brush, pick up a bright pink shadow. I'm using my Coastal Scents 88 matte palette.

Apply the pink eyeshadow with dabbing motion all over your lids until crease. It should look like this:

Get your fluffy blending brush, I'm using my MAC 217 brush, and pick up an orange color. This is the orange beside the pink shade from the CS palette.

Apply it on the crease, overlapping with the pink, using a wiper motion. Don't forget to blend, blend, blend! You can retouch the pink and the orange until you achieved the intensity of the shade you want. Since I'm going to wear it out, I chose to make it subtle.

Then using any fluffy brush you have, you can also use your flat shader brush for this, pick up a white eyeshadow for highlighting the browbone. This is the shade on the upper left corner of the palette. It is a matte white.

Sweep the shadow on your browbone area and blend it with your orange crease color. Blending can help you achieve the flawless transition of the colors. You should not be able to see where each color ends and starts.


This is how your eyes should look like now.

Using your contour or pencil brush, I'm using Ellana contour brush, pick up a purple shade. This is the color just below the pink eyeshadow we used for the lids.

Apply the purple on your lower lashline (3/4 from the outer corner).


The using the same brush, pick up a golden yellow eyeshadow.

Apply it on the inner corners of your eyes and blend it.


Then line your eyes with black eyeliner. Since I don't have any liners, I'm going to use my black eyeshadow for this purpose. I'm going to wet my angled liner brush with a sealant (you can use water too) and make a paste using my black eyeshadow. Then I lined my upper lashline (I also tightlined using the same brush).


It should look like this:


Curl your lashes once the eyeliner has dried already. I used my Shiseido eyelash curler for this step.
Then apply your favorite mascara to help hold the curl of yuor lashes. I used Lancome High Definition mascara in black then removed excess products using a clean spoolie.
Then if you have any fallouts or mistakes, just use a wet cotton buds to remove them. Once dried, apply a highlighter on your undereyes. I use Ellana Awake concealer and applied it using my Charm concealer brush.

This also sets your undereye concealer so that it can last longer aside from making your eyes appear more awake.

And this is our finished eye makeup!

Now for the face:
I applied my setting powder, I used Aromaleigh URFP in Peaches and Cream, all over my face using a stippling brush (MAC 187) to help control the oiliness and also set my makeup.


Your face will look more polished after you applied your finishing powder.

Then apply your blush of choice. I choose a pink one, Lumiere Ditt "O" blush, and applied it using a stippling brush, I used my Lumiere duo fiber powder brush because it has a smaller head than my MAC 187 so it fits my cheeks pretty well. Using a stippling brush also produce a "soft" blushing effect but you can also use your regular blush brush.


Apply your blush on the apples of your cheeks for a more youthful look.


Finish your look with your favorite lipstick on top of your lipbalm. I chose to use my HG lipbalm, Venus and Mars Emu oil lipbalm, and topped it with my fave lipstick from Lancome.


All done! Here's the final look in different lighting. Pardon me for the quality of the pictures. I think the light washed out the colors so the it is not that vibrant on film. I'll try to set up my digital camera better next time (I'm still learning about the proper setting for it) ^_^


And here's my outfit for today. I wore a long white tank top and blue jeans paired with baby blue flipflops. I also wore a hoodie on top since it's raining.


Thank you for reading my very long post! Please suggest on what I can do to make my tutorials better. Tell me what you think. Post a comment! I'll be waiting for them :)
Till next time! Bye! ^_^

12 comments:

Abby said...

it's so prettry....i don't really like extravagant looking mae up..so this is definitely a winner ;)

Soapaholic said...

I love the look and I love your tutorial.:) I was meaning to post a comment on your previous post abour your haircut but I had a problem with my connection at that time. Anyway it looks so good on you!:) The whole look's so glowy and pretty.:)

AskMeWhats said...

I love your tutorial, simple and straight to the point, and I seriously love your hair cut :)

Anonymous said...

i am currently learning how to rock a pink shade shadows :)

this is a nice post gale :)

and i love the simple tee plus i am still loving the side swept bangs (*wink)

Crystal Gale said...

Aww..thank you so much for the sweet words sisses! I appreciate it a lot ^_^

abby - thank you! I'm not fond of wearing extravagant looks too..but I like seeing them hehe :)

Soapaholic - thank you! I'm glad you're liking my new 'do too :)

Nikki - Thanks! Whew! I'm so glad my tutorial is easy to follow..I thought it was a little complicated to understand..Since, you love my haircut, I can now conclude that I have found a stylist I can go to anytime hehe :)

Jing - aww thanks sis! I'm glad you liked everything..I can't wait to see more looks from you..we both have the same black frame so I can relate to you haha :)

Crystal said...

nice tut. it's something i can use for everyday since i love subtle e/s looks also.

Crystal Gale said...

Thanx crystal! I love your silver looks too..I'm gonna try them one of these days..I just hope the colors shows better on my camera though hehe :)

Unknown said...

very pretty! its very wearable.

Unknown said...

very pretty! its very wearable.

Crystal Gale said...

^Thanks Becky! :)

Kay said...

love this tutorial.. it's just so fresh-looking..

definitely somethin i can wear to work..

oh and u are more stunning now with the new haircut.. :)

Crystal Gale said...

^ thank you! ^_^