Hello! I'm back with another product review and this time it is Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel.
I needed to wait for 2 months before I got this tub. I reserved one because I really wanted to try it due to great reviews that it received..But I didn't expect that it would be that popular locally that I needed to wait that long. And when I reached there at the store (after I received a text that my item is ready for pickup), I saw that some people buy a lot of tubs (I peeked inside the delivery box haha)...as in 4 tubs per person! The SA told me that there's a long list for this product because a lot of people hoard them so the stocks are usually low. All stocks that arrives usually are reserved already so walk in clients won't be able to see buy them.
It is made of 92% Aloe Vera...And if you search online, aloe vera is a plant that had been used for its soothing and moisturizing properties since time immemorial.
There's a label at the back wherein you can see a Korean and English version of the ingredients and product description.
It comes in a clear gel consistency and the scent of fresh aloe vera is really prevalent when you sniff it.
According to the SA at SM North The Block branch, I should finish this whole tub within 6 months after opening because it get spoiled easily. So I just place it in a cool dry place and on the refrigerator now because it's so hot.
- This product can be used all over the body. I have used it on my hair, scalp, face and body and it worked great for each of these areas.
- It helps soothe itchiness of skin due to dry skin.
- Great on sun burned skin especially if it's cool. Perfect to bring during swimming for emergency soothing hehe ^_^
- I love how it moisturizes my hair after swimming on a pool (chlorine can dry out hair and make it stiff)
- I use it as hair mask. It makes my hair soft and smelling fresh.
- Dries quickly without sticky feeling...and the scent lingers which is great :)
- It did not gave me any breakouts when I use it on my face every time I feel I need some light moisturizer.
- It has no parabens, no mineral oil and no artificial colorings.
- No allergic whatsoever on me and my family who used it.
- Very affordable...It only cost Php280 (I think) for this tub containing 300ml of product!
- It is mostly out of stock at the store...I'm not sure at the present but hopefully they saw the demand for the product and the company sent a lot of stock hehe
- I can't keep it longer. It expires quite easily which is common for products with less preservatives.
- It feels sticky once applied and you will feel sticky for a couple of minutes...luckily, as soon as it dries, the stickiness goes away (even on the hair!)
- Since it comes in a big tub, it is not travel friendly...It can be quite bulky on your kikay pouch..So I suggest that you just transfer some product on a smaller container.
- Again, since the packaging is a tub container, it is not hygienic. I would prefer if it comes in a squeezable bottle like the Tropical Hut Aloe Vera Gel.
OVER-ALL RATING: 4.5/5 - Love this product! It is very multi-purpose so I don't regret buying it. It has not failed me so far. Even though it is just a light moisturizer, I think it is perfect in our weather now because it does not have a sticky oily feel that other moisturizes have on the skin. And of course, you can't beat the price! It's hard to find a product that costs less than Php300 that works great and doesn't cause any irritations :)
WILL I REPURCHASE? Definitely! As soon as I finished this up, I will get myself another tub :)
I believe that this is a summer must-have item! ^_^