Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Alba Botanica Natural Acne Dote Oil Control Lotion

Hello! First of all, I want to say keep safe to all of you who are gonna go on a trip this long weekend for the All Soul's Day. I might be going to Nueva Ecija (like always) tomorrow with my family because that's where our love ones are buried. SO yeah, I'm not sure if this is gonna be my last post or I will post again tonight for a Halloween makeup look. This will depend if I like the result of my makeup haha :)

Okay, now, let's go to the review! 

BRAND: Alba Botanica
LINE: Natural Acne Dote
TYPE: Oil Control Lotion (Maximum Strength)


NET WT: 57g / 2oz
PRICE: Php359

 INGREDIENTS:

This comes in a white tube. I actually liked the packaging because you can easily control the amount of product you will dispense and also this is very hygienic :)


I got this last October 2 and I have been using this twice a day ever since :)

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS:

- As I've said, I liked the hygienic packaging. I hate dipping my fingers in the product.

- This is an anti-acne, oil-free/mattifying and moisturizer in one. If I can save time by using only one product instead of 3, then I am happy.



- This contains 2% Salicylic Acid that is said to be naturally derived from Willow Bark Extract to combat acne. We all know that the less chemicals we use the better.

- It didn't aggravate my acne-prone skin. I also didn't experienced any itching or allergic reactions.

- This is a very light moisturizer and perfect for oily skin. This gives enough moisture for me coz anything heavier will cause my skin to over produce oil.

- It absorbs very quickly so you can apply makeup right after. I just need to wait for a minute or two and it will be totally absorbed :)

- Very easy to blend/spread on the skin  so you just need a pea size amount of product to be used all over the face and neck. I think this will last me months.

- This does not have unnecessary ingredients that causes irritations like:



- This is 100% vegetarian and cruelty free. It has a Leaping Bunny logo too to prove their cruelty free status.


WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

- Others might hate the medical scent of this moisturizer. It has a very strong salicylic acid smell.I don't mind coz I'm used to it already from the many years I've used SA to treat my skin.

-  This did not prevent any future breakouts nor treat the existing ones. I still get pimples on my forehead because I get oily there the most and I was hoping this would work in that area, but sadly, I still have bumps until now (1 month of use). I guess you will need an additional product for spot treatment to clear your skin.

- It is not good if you have very dry skin. The skin around my nose became drier with this moisturizer. I also can't use this on thin skin like around the eyes and mouth because it will sting.

- This does not mattify the skin as the label suggested. I still get so oily at the end of the day. The mattifying effect will only last for less than 4-5 hours and never long term.


OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5
 I bought this for acne solutions but this disappointed me in that aspect. I then moved on to the mattifying claim, but that disappointed me too. Now, why am I giving this a 4 if I got disappointed? It's because this works great as an oil-free moisturizer that doesn't aggravate my skin. It is quite hard to find good moisturizers for acne prone oily skin so I am definitely happy in that regard. PLUS, this came from a brand that is natural and cruelty free which makes me happy.

WILL I REPURCHASE? Probably not in the near future. I am the type of person that loves trying new products so I will probably end up getting another one haha :)


Thanks for dropping by! Have a nice long weekend :)

4 comments:

Janet said...

I saw this at healthy option too but they don't have testers around so I won't be able to check the consistency as I am not a fan of thick or creamy lotion. Thanks for the review ^_~

Crystal Gale said...

Hi Janet! This is right in between. It is not runny but it is not thick and heavy :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Are they giving away free samples? Would like to try it XD
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony