Okay, now, let's go to the review!
BRAND: Alba Botanica
LINE: Natural Acne Dote
TYPE: Oil Control Lotion (Maximum Strength)
NET WT: 57g / 2oz
This comes in a white tube. I actually liked the packaging because you can easily control the amount of product you will dispense and also this is very hygienic :)
I got this last October 2 and I have been using this twice a day ever since :)
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS:
- As I've said, I liked the hygienic packaging. I hate dipping my fingers in the product.
- This is an anti-acne, oil-free/mattifying and moisturizer in one. If I can save time by using only one product instead of 3, then I am happy.
- This contains 2% Salicylic Acid that is said to be naturally derived from Willow Bark Extract to combat acne. We all know that the less chemicals we use the better.
- It didn't aggravate my acne-prone skin. I also didn't experienced any itching or allergic reactions.
- This is a very light moisturizer and perfect for oily skin. This gives enough moisture for me coz anything heavier will cause my skin to over produce oil.
- It absorbs very quickly so you can apply makeup right after. I just need to wait for a minute or two and it will be totally absorbed :)
- Very easy to blend/spread on the skin so you just need a pea size amount of product to be used all over the face and neck. I think this will last me months.
- This does not have unnecessary ingredients that causes irritations like:
- This is 100% vegetarian and cruelty free. It has a Leaping Bunny logo too to prove their cruelty free status.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
- Others might hate the medical scent of this moisturizer. It has a very strong salicylic acid smell.I don't mind coz I'm used to it already from the many years I've used SA to treat my skin.
- This did not prevent any future breakouts nor treat the existing ones. I still get pimples on my forehead because I get oily there the most and I was hoping this would work in that area, but sadly, I still have bumps until now (1 month of use). I guess you will need an additional product for spot treatment to clear your skin.
- It is not good if you have very dry skin. The skin around my nose became drier with this moisturizer. I also can't use this on thin skin like around the eyes and mouth because it will sting.
- This does not mattify the skin as the label suggested. I still get so oily at the end of the day. The mattifying effect will only last for less than 4-5 hours and never long term.
OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5
I bought this for acne solutions but this disappointed me in that aspect. I then moved on to the mattifying claim, but that disappointed me too. Now, why am I giving this a 4 if I got disappointed? It's because this works great as an oil-free moisturizer that doesn't aggravate my skin. It is quite hard to find good moisturizers for acne prone oily skin so I am definitely happy in that regard. PLUS, this came from a brand that is natural and cruelty free which makes me happy.
WILL I REPURCHASE? Probably not in the near future. I am the type of person that loves trying new products so I will probably end up getting another one haha :)
Thanks for dropping by! Have a nice long weekend :)