Monday, February 26, 2018

Review: BH Cosmetics 3rd Edition 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette

Back in the day, when I was just starting with makeup, Coastal Scents & BH Cosmetics were the go-to brands when it comes to affordable color makeup. My first eyeshadow palette was actually a Coastal Scents 88 matte eyeshadow palette (click here for my review of that).  I enjoyed playing with that but when I started earning money and learned enough in makeup application I just stopped using that palette and moved on to higher end brands. Moving forward, 7 years later, I am in the same boat when I moved to Canada. I didn't have a job yet so I don't have any money to replenish my makeup immediately, and I only brought with me the basics when I migrated here. When I saw this BH Cosmetics palette at Winners for only C$19.99 I grabbed it! I know that I needed a colorful eyeshadow palette so that I can do occasional colorful looks especially for Halloween and such haha. I actually wanted to buy the Sephora Pro palette but that is not cruelty free so this is better.




Total Net wt. 3.18 oz / 90 g - 60 eyeshadows per tray x 2
(1 eyeshadow pan is dime sized)
Price: C$ 19.99



WHAT I LIKE:

- Aside from being cruelty-free, this is a very affordable brand. 20 bucks for 120 eyeshadow shades is a steal! This is really perfect for beginners or if you are like me who just like playing colors but is in a budget.

- Very pigmented and easy to blend. 

- Long lasting with or without primer.

- Packaging is a sleek matte black with a good sized mirror which I prefer.

- Lots of option and you can definitely follow majority of the looks you want to recreate. I tried doing a neon skull look last Halloween inspired by James Charles and I was able to do it with this 😁



WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

- Only available online. I just accidentally found this at Winners so I bought it but it's rare that you can find it in a store.

- Pigmentation is not consistent for all the colors as is the case with any palette.

- A little powdery and is pressed softly so you need to really tap off the excess or else you'll get lots of fall outs. 

- Probably made in China & is generic. You can definitely find something similar without a brand stamped to it that is gonna be cheaper online.  

- If you are allergic to talc, this might not be for you as Talc is the 2nd ingredient on all of the shadows. 


WILL YOU RE-PURCHASE? Probably not. I already have the means to buy better quality products and that are not as softly pressed as this (as I've said before I am really heavy handed hehe). I really prefer eyeshadows that are pressed hard like the ones from The Balm or Urban Decay because I can dip my eyeshadow brush as hard as I want and it won't crumble. 

RECOMMENDED TO: Teenagers, students on a budget or someone who just want to have a colorful eyeshadow palette but won't be using it everyday. Or if you want a minimalist makeup collection, having an all in one palette will be helpful in saving space. 


What are your budget friendly beauty products that perform well? Do share them below! 😄 


Thank you for dropping by,

  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that Natural eye palette. Thanks for sharing some other palette.
eyeshadow brush set online

thisisemliyblunt said...

give me cosmetics voucher code Markdown for NHS workers To say thank you for the stunning work you continue to do, we should offer you 25% off our the best Baukjen plan