Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Review: The Body Shop Hemp Body Butter

Hi everyone! Hope no one had a hard time adjusting to the DST today. Mondays after a DST change is really a challenge because we lost an hour of sleep. The only positive thing from this is that the sun is shining brighter everyday. Spring and summer is coming! So excited! 

For today, I will be sharing with you all the product that saved my skin from drought this season. As you know, during winter, you will be spending 90% of your time in a dry air environment because all buildings (and even buses) have their heater on 24/7. Dry air can really really make your skin dehydrated quite easily. Even when I was applying lotion everyday after shower, it was just not enough. My skin will get scaly, itchy and bumpy easily especially since I have atopic dermatitis. This irritation leads to cracking of the skin which was never good coz it was painful. 

Last year when I arrived, I just used regular lotions which is enough if I re-apply it throughout the day religiously, but I am too lazy to do that and I don't have the time. In short, I always end up with raw skin especially on my hands because I wash so frequently. Luckily, one of my friend told me about the body butter she uses from The Body Shop which she claims really works for her and it was made from Hemp seed oil which I never heard of before. 

According to The Body Shop website:


Our famous Body Butter with hemp seed oil for very dry skin. Quickly absorbed, it provides round-the-clock hydration. Dermatologically tested.
  • Body moisturiser
  • 96 hour hydration & protection
  • Restores moisture and helps protect ultra dry skin
  • Essential fatty acids, Omega 3, 6 and 9
  • Community Trade hemp seed oil from France
  • Dermatologically tested




Net Wt.: 200 ml / 6.75 oz / 192 g  
*Also available in a bigger tub*
Price: C$ 21.00
Made In Germany

What I liked:



- This is heaven sent for very dry skin. I can just apply this once or twice a day all over my body and I am good. It helped in preventing scaly skin and bumps especially on my legs throughout winter. 

- Not sticky at all. Gets absorbed quite easily but still leaves a thin layer of moisture on the skin as well. Not greasy at all.

- Solid consistency like a balm. Compared to other The Body Shop body butters, this is quite solid and firm. I liked this thick consistency a lot since it doesn't get used up fast.  

  

- Always on sale. The Body Shop here in Canada frequently have a Buy 3 Get 3 promo so it is easy to stock up.

- I did not get any adverse reaction from using this which is a huge plus because I have sensitive skin.

- This Hemp line also has lip balms, face moisturizers and lip balms that works as well as this.


CONS:

- I really am not a fan of the scent. My husband likes it but I really don't. I just got so used to using it that I don't mind it now. So definitely smell it first in stores and if you can get past the scent, I would really recommend you try it for yourself. 

- I don't think the Hemp line is available in all countries. I am pretty sure places that medical Marijuana is not legal will have this banned as well because the hemp plant is related to cannabis.


WILL I RE-PURCHASE? 
Definitely! I have actually finished 5 tubs of this already and will definitely buy some again for next winter as well. 


What about you, guys? What are your favorite body lotions? I would love to hear your favorites so I could try them as well. 😊


Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: