Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Initial Review for Avalon Organics Vitamin C Oil-free Moisturizer

Hello everyone! Good morning! Well, as promised, here's my initial take on Avalon Organics Vitamin C Rejuvenating Oil-Free Moisturizer. I used this last night and this morning after my toner and acne lotion.


For more pictures of the product, click here.


PROS:

- 100% vegan and organic = cruelty-free, without artificial colors, synthetic fragrances or parabens (perfect for sensitive skin like me)
- smells wonderful and refreshing - it smells citrus-y as if you are peeling an orange
- available locally at any Healthy Options store
- affordable - this cost Php575 only for a 50ml tub..I think that's a great deal already.
- can be spread on skin with ease..it's a cream but thin in consistency so it spreads like a gel IMO - no sticky feeling on my face or fingers after applying
- easily absorbed because it is oil-free
- very light on the face..no heavy feel as with other cream type moisturizer
- does not sting my face even if I have skin asthma attack now
- moisturizes very well
- I had no new bumps or rashes when I woke up
- and lastly, it has Vitamin C as the active ingredient. According to the product info:

"Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant proven to defend against the damaging, sun-aging effects of free radicals generated by UV exposure. Vitamin C will help repair and protect your skin from the signs of aging by naturally boosting collagen and elastin production, stimulating cellular renewal and increasing healthy circulation for a youthful, luminous complexion."

"Our Rejuvenating Oil-Free Moisturizer with Vitamin C will energize your complexion with improved circulation, clarity, tone and texture. This nourishing blend of certified organic botanicals, soothing plant emollients and powerful antioxidants is the ultimate age-defying oil-free moisturizer. Enriched with organic White Tea, Melatonin and Lemon Bioflavonoids for unequaled free radical defense."


What I don't like about this product

- I hope the packaging is a pump bottle so it is more hygienic..but I guess it can't be since this product is a cream and it won't dispense on a pump right? hehe
- it has no SPF or UVA/UVB protection

OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5 - I would give this a 5 if it has sun protection.

Will I repurchase? Yes! As long as I don't get any reactions from this..but so far so good so I'm really loving this moisturizer. It does the job of moisturizing pretty well without the heavy feel and at the same time it has anti-aging benefits too so I'm really happy.

TIPS:
- you can store your moisturizer on the refrigerator to make it's shelf life longer and refresh your face when you apply it because it is cool
- after you got some products on your fingertips, rub your fingers together to help it thin the consistency for easy spreading all over the face
- moisturize even if you have oily skin like mine to lessen the oiliness of your face (your skin will not release extra sebum if it thinks your skin is already well moisturized). Just choose an oil-free formulation.

I'll post a revisit review on this product after a month. I'm hoping to see an improvement on my skin too in terms of moisture and elasticity as what the product claims. Thanks for droopping by my blog today! Till next time. Bye! ^_^

3 comments:

notjustminerals said...

Glad to hear you're getting good results from this. Know what? We have this at home too although I haven't tried it yet coz I'm using the Celeteque one for now. When I'm done with that 6 week challenge I'll probably try this out. It is inexpensive and organic. Will wait for your update on this.

Crystal Gale said...

Hi Nikki! yeah, i agree that it is inexpensive..way cheaper than the Celeteque advance pa..I'm following your progress on that too =)

Unknown said...

Wow! I think it’s great in moisturizing.
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony