I was finally able to watch New Moon! Yippee! I was so happy last Thursday coz I was able to watch it with my bf after work..I actually wanted to watch it on its opening day but there are no more tickets that weekend and a week later it's still the same...I got nervous because the line for the ticket counter was so long and one of the two cinemas showing it was already full...the other one is nearly full and I got nervous that by the time I will buy my ticket, there will be no more seats available anymore..luckily, I was still able to get two seats for us..just in the nick of time actually hehe :)
Well, I actually went there not expecting too high because I did not love the Twilight movie..and I really hated K. Stewart (Bella) and R. Pattinson's (Edward) acting..they really ruined the role in my opinion (fans, don't hate me..it's just my view po) because they lack emotions..they don't look in love at all..so I went to the cinema really hoping they got better in their acting..I was able to hear a lot of good reviews on New Moon so I was really exicited to see if they were true.
Here's my opinion on the film..please take note that I am a huge fan of the book and not the actors...I watched because I like to see how the director made the story alive :)
What I like about it:
- This movie is way, way better than Twilight! The quality of the effects (especially how they showed the speed of the vampires and werewolves and also the transformations of the pact) is higher and well thought off.
- K. Stewart's acting got better..I'm so happy she improved..she's not monotonous anymore haha..although she did not act superb, at least she did good :)
- I love how they made Taylor Lautner (Jacob) look mature and fit for the role..I really got curious how they will make him "evolve" as a wolf and I'm happy to say, they met my expectation..though I wished Jacob is a lot taller coz in the book, he's over 6ft tall.
- The small details really did it for me..my fave is the steam coming off from Jacob during the raining scene with Bella. It really emphasized that Jacob is hot.
- The scene in Italy is good. Very detailed. I love the setting, just like what I imagined it to be while reading the book.
- I love Dakota Fanning as Jane! I really can't wait for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn to be shown..she did a very good job even though it was a really short scene :)
- This movie made me want to read the book again (for the Nth time haha) ^_^
What I don't like:
- New Moon as a book is not really interesting for me..since it felt "bitin"..and that is what happened here in the movie too..I felt that the ending was cut off immediately..
- I still can't accept R. Pattinson as Edward hehe..I don't think he looks that handsome..sorry fans..I'm a team Jacob :)
- Jasper is still weird for me..I don't know why he looks that way..as if he is always scared and alert. I hope he improves too in the next film.
- if you have not read the book, you might not get the story..it jumps on some scenes.
- the tickets are always sold out
OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5 - I'll definitely be watching this again with my best friend or sister soon hehe. I just wish Bella and Jacob can be together in the story..anyways, that's impossible..so I'll try to let it go haha ^_^
I will suggest you watch this movie..it's better if you watch this with someone who loves the book too. Trust me on this hehe :)
By the way, due to some circumstances, I won't be able to go to the Noel Bazaar at World Trade Center anymore..maybe I can meet you guys in another time na lang..
thank you everyone! and happy long weekend! ^_^