Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend :)
Now, going to the topic of the day..I would be reviewing a very famous lip balm known as Carmex.. I bought the chapstick type first but when I opened it, the product inside is not formed so I returned it. But every piece the SA opened, it's the same, so I ended up just getting the one in the tube.
Anyways, I have been using this for around 2 months now and have used it a lot of times ever since I got it and this is my verdict :)What I love about this product:
- It comes in a squeezable tube so it's very sanitary and also easy to use. I can also use all of the product inside because I can just squeeze it.
- It can give my lips immediate moisture once applied.
- Easily available locally. I got mine from Landmark Department Store at Trinoma Mall.
- Price is also okay.. I think it's Php99 only.
- You only need a small amount of product for every use.
- Easy to control the amount of product squeezed since it has a thick consistency.
What I don't like:
- I'm not a big fan of the taste, feel and scent of the product. It feels like I am applying a Chinese sanitary balm on my lips. Yeah, the mentholated balm in gold tin containers with a dragon logo that our parents put on us when we were kids if we have colds or what they used on their sore muscles... Para talagang pang-pilay...
- This contains petrolatum and I feel like I'm just putting a mentholated petroleum jelly on my lips. The effect it has is like petroleum jelly too.
- The moisture it gives is just temporary. Once the product dries up, my lips gets dry and chapped again. This requires frequent application during the day to keep your lips moisturized.
Over-all Rating: 2.5/5 - I'm quite disappointed. I hope I just got myself a pot of petroleum jelly that only costs P25 because the effect is just the same.
Will I re-purchase? Definitely not. I'm just using this up so as not to waste my money. I will look for another lip balm to use.
Thank you for dropping by. Till my next post. Bye!