Thursday, May 3, 2012

Movie Review: The Avengers

Hello everyone! 

I'm back with a movie review. This is a very anticipated movie of the year because 1) It is a very famous comic book and 2) It contains a lot of famous super heroes. You might have watched this already but I was unable to watch it on its opening week because there's too many people in cinemas so I just waited for a good weekday to watch it with my bf who is a fan of this comic book.

I haven't read any kind of comic books like Marvel so I don't actually know anything about this film except for the things my bf told me...I just knew a couple of the main characters because they are famous like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America. I technically watched this with no expectations whatsoever so my review will be based on how I've seen the movie by itself and not as a fan of the comic book series.

Here's a little synopsis by IMDB for this film:
"Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army."


 I LIKED THIS because:

- The special effects are so cool! I loved the war scene where the army of Loki was destroying Manhattan. Everything looks so real. I really wanted to watch it in 3D.

- The fact that I am familiar with a  couple of the characters is a plus coz I didn't get lost on who is who.

- Out of everyone in the Avengers team,  I really enjoyed watching Thor and Captain America again. I have this crush on these two coz they are so gorgeous and sexy. Definitely an eye-candy haha ^_^

*look at those muscles...I sound like a pervert haha sorry*

- For someone who doesn't know anything about the story, I did not have any problem with understanding the whole story so I guess even those who are not fans of the comic book will enjoy this film.

- I loved the sporadic humor in this film. I was able to laugh every now and then especially with the antics and dialogues of Iron Man and Hulk.

- The actors are all great. They really delivered every lines beautifully. Hats off to all of them even the extras.


CONS:

- Nothing! I love everything... I hope it will have a sequel ^_^

OVER-ALL RATING: 4.5/5 - Definitely a must see movie! I can't wait to watch the individual films of these superheroes. I will probably watch Captain America first because of Chris Evans hehe. I will also re-watch Thor coz I was distracted when I watched it in the cinema with my little cousins so I didn't get to enjoy it. If you haven't seen this yet, I definitely encourage you to go buy a ticket at your favorite cinema and watch it with your friends. I really hope I watched in 3D to enjoy the CGI and special effects more hehe =)

Till next time, Bye! ^_~

2 comments:

herroyalbleakness said...

Muscle freak, you! LOL.

The movie entertained me during the last few parts. The funny lines kept me from dozing off, too, although I thought medyo nasobrahan na si Ironman maging funny, cool guy at some point, hehehe.

I loved the parts where Ironman mocked Thor about his cape (and manner of speaking), and the hulk & loki smash-me scene. :D

Crystal Gale said...

Haha I'm not really a fan of iron man coz I don't get his logic that much. I do love the smash down of Hulk ad Loki too.. Favorite part of the movie ^_^

Have you seen the 2 extra post credit scenes? Those are fun too especially the one where in they are eating shawarmas ^_^