Sunday, September 23, 2012

Drama Review: I Need Romance

Happy Sunday everyone! I finally were able to set up the computer in my room! Yay! So happy...it means I'll just need to learn how to take good pictures using my sis's DSLR and I can post my product reviews already...I have quite a lot coz I was trying out a lot of products lately ^_^

Now, going to the main purpose of this post. I'll be reviewing the latest drama I've watched. I was able to finish all 16 episodes in a week's time and I really enjoyed it :)

DRAMA TITLE: I Need Romance
EPISODES: 16
GENRE: Romantic comedy
CHANNEL: tvN
AIRING DATE: June 13 - August 2, 2011
AIRING TIME: Monday - Tuesday



PLOT: (from AsianWiki.com)
"I Need Romance" depicts the love lives of three 33-year-old single women .... 

Sun Woo In Young is a 33-year-old concierge manager at a hotel. She isn't married, but has a boy friend named Kim Sung-Soo who is a movie director. They have been dating for 10 years. Sun Woo In Young hopes her boyfriend will propose to her, but he doesn't seem to have any plans for marriage. 

Park Seo-Yeon runs an online clothing store named Y style. She has a freewheeling lifestyle and is active in pursuing her desired. 

Kang Hyun-Joo is a lawyer specializing in divorce. Her life has been controlled by her mother. From a distance, Hyun-Joo appears as a cold, arrogant woman with a perfectionist mentality, but actually she has a a cute personality and frequently makes mistakes. She is dumped by her boyfriend Kim Tae-Woo at the their wedding. Although they dated for 3 years the couple only has kissed. Kim Tae-Woo later tells Hyun-Joo that he only kissed her because he did not want to have sex with her. 


MAIN CASTS:
Jo yeo Jeong as Sun Woo In Young 
Choi Yeo Jin as Park Seo Yeon
 Choi Song Hyeon as Kang Hyun Joo
 Kim Jeong Hoon as Kim Sung-Soo
 Choi Jin Hyeok as Bae Sung Hyun

MY THOUGHTS:

Oh, wow! I really enjoyed this drama. I know that I'm late in watching this since this was aired a year ago, but I just learned of this drama last week when I was browsing the cable channels looking for something to watch and this caught my attention when I reached tvN. What caught my attention was Kim Jeong Hoon coz I loved him at Princess Hour. After watching the 2 episodes aired that afternoon, I got quite interested coz it was fun to watch. I immediately searched online for English subbed videos so I can watch it from the beginning. (I watched it at dramacrazy.net or you can click here for the English subbed videos)

This is a story about 3 friends who are in their early 30s and how they live and face the different challenges  in their professional and personal lives. The main focus in this drama is about In Young's relationships. She was in a 10-year relationship with her first boyfriend and is just waiting for her bf to propose but ended up learning that he cheated on her with a young actress. This started the whole crazy love-hate relationship between the two. I don't want to get into more details coz I'm afraid I'll give away too much info and ruin it to some of you who might get interested to watch it later hehe :)

This drama actually have a Sex in the City vibe with it showing friendship and romance. Typically, Korean dramas don't have a lot of deep kisses and bed scenes but this one have quite a lot because it was aired in a cable channel and they are not as strict. They were able to show the chemistry and passion between the characters perfectly without it looking fake. It was actually quite real and artistic, IMO, and it doesn't look forced or cheap. That's the thing that really frustrates me sometimes on Korean and Japanese dramas, they lack so bad in portraying physical love and romance. Who will believe that a married couple only gives a peck on the lips during their honeymoon, right? And the only skinship you can find are holding hands and pecks on the cheek or forehead hehe. To tell you honestly, I prefer it the way the director of I Need Romance did it, coz it became romantic :)

I personally think all of the casts are great. They were able to make me believe in their character's story, especially the emotions portrayed per scene. I really appreciate great acting when I see one. And this drama, although the storyline is quite light, you can really see that the actors are quite experienced already which is a nice change from all the dramas I've been watching lately with main casts being Kpop idols and doesn't actually know how to act deeply YET because it was their first time trying acting.

Also, this drama actually hit close to home coz as you know, I am also in a long-term relationship (9 years) right now with my bf (I met him when we were still 18), I'm getting older and we're still not married. I can really relate to the main character coz I'm like her in a way so I really laughed and cried with her during the 16 episodes. I also got quite scared about the possibilities that can arise in the future which I pray won't happen to me, but it's still scary to think the "what ifs". There's really no guarantees in life, right?

OVER-ALL RATING: 4.5/5


SPOILER ALERT! I love everything but I'm not sure about the ending. I am happy that In Young and Sung Soo got back together again but I hoped he proposed and they got married at the end. I also wished they gave Park Seo Yeon a happy ending by showing she learned how to love and Kang Hyun Joo getting married to her boyfriend. And I'm so sad that Bae Sung Hyun got out of the picture...he was the perfect guy except for the fact that he can't deny the requests of his grandparents. But over-all, I love  it and I definitely recommend it to everyone ^_^

Have you watched this yet? Do share your opinion in the comment section below, i would like to hear your thoughts :)


Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: