Finally! I was able to take some pictures for my reviews using the DSLR of my sister...it was so hard to operate compared to my point&shoot digital camera. So please pardon me for the quality of the photos (until I get a new digicam or until I get the hang of this cam) hehe I really don't know what I'm doing ^_^
I have been using the LUSH Fresh Farmacy facial soap 2x a day for more than a month already. I have chosen to try this because it had garnered a lot of raves from acne prone skin people all over the world and also LUSH is part of the cruelty-free brands available locally.
Here's a close up look of the label so you can see the description of the product, ingredients and the price.
PRICE: P395 per 100g.ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Calamine and Chamomile
I had mine cut into smaller pieces (about 2-3 inches cube) at the store so that I can keep them fresh a lot longer and to prevent them from melting all at once. The SA at SM NORTH was so nice because she even wrapped them individually with paper :)
WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
- It helped in calming my skin. My breakouts was also lessened -- I believed this because I don't have any acne treatment on my skin care regimen now.
- I liked the scent of calamine and chamomile. It makes me feel like I am putting some good quality natural stuff on my face which won't aggravate my skin condition haha ^_^
- This lathers really well. It's not bubbly/foamy like regular cleansers but at least it lathers enough for me to feel like I am cleaning my skin. I am not a fan of cleansers like Cetaphil because it doesn't lather at all.
- You can use everything up to the last melted soap to clean your face. I just scrape the container clean with my fingers :)
- Great for traveling. You won't need to worry about spilling anything on your bag because this is a solid soap.
- This product is 100% cruelty-free!
WHAT I HATE:
- It melts so fast! You really need to place this in a dry cool place because it melts quite easily. A small piece of soap can last me 2-3 weeks depending on how I store my used soap.
- This made my skin a lot drier. Now, I have oily skin and my face feels taut right after washing my face. I can't imagine people with dry skin using this.
- This is unhygienic. I prefer soaps in liquid form because I hate the idea of dipping my fingers and contaminating the rest of the product.
- I think it's a little pricey for some people especially if you're not used to buying higher end brands of skin care products.
OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5
It works great on oily, acne prone and sensitive skin. I just hope it doesn't melt that easily.
WOULD I REPURCHASE? Maybe. I am the type of person who likes trying new stuff so I'll probably buy something different once I used this up. I only have 2 more cubes and I'm done.
What's your favorite LUSH product? Do share them with me so I can check them out. I am definitely gonna try their other stuffs :)
Thank you for dropping by!