Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gale Reads: Top 10 Series I Haven't Finished

For this week's Gale Reads, I wanted to answer Pixie's (The Bookaholic) question:

"What is your Top Ten Series that you haven't finished (because either you didn't like them, you just have procrastinated, etc.)?"

I have read a lot of books and I personally love book series. Knowing the succeeding events in the character's lives after that first book is such a pleasure for me especially if I really love the characters so much :)

Here's my Top 10 Series that I haven't finished reading (in no particular order):


1. The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward

This series consists of 10 titles already released and an 11th title expected to be out next year. 
I think I've read until book 6 only and I can't force myself anymore after that. I really hated the author's style of writing and there's really no deep story to fall in love with. You can read my full review on this series here.

2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

This is a 4 book series and the last book, Finale, will be out next month.
I was able to read book 1, Hush Hush, and I liked it. I'm just not sure why I didn't continue reading the succeeding titles. I even forgot to post a review on it once I finished reading it. I hope I will have the urge to read this series soon and I will definitely re-read the first book so there's a flow on the stories :)

3. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series/Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater

I have just posted a full review on this trilogy and you can check it out here.
In summary, I was able to read 2 1/2 books and I can't make myself finish the last book, Forever. It got too slow and boring for me :(

4. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver

This is an ongoing series. I didn't exactly enjoyed the first book, Delirium, so it didn't inspired me to read the next 2. It would just be a waste of my time and effort if I forced myself to read a story about a character that I don't enjoy, right? I just got so irritated about the lead character that I needed to force myself to finish book 1. 
If you are interested to read my full review, click here.



5. Matched Trilogy by Allie Condie

Another trilogy that I started reading because of great reviews that I ended up not liking. I really liked the plot and idea but I got so bored reading Matched because everything is so predictable. I didn't dare pick up the sequel coz I'm afraid it would bore me to death too.
My full review of Matched here.

6. Halo trilogy by Alexandra Adornetto

This is a classic example of "Judging the book by its cover" ...To be honest, I was so in love with the book cover of Halo that I really searched hi and lo for an ebook copy in order to read it immediately. Well, I still am in love with the book covers but the story was really disappointing, IMO. I was hoping for a better fallen angel book since there's a lot of competition in the market. 
My full review here.

7. Paranormalcy Trilogy by Kiersten White
I loved Paranormalcy! I don't know what happened and I forgot all about it being a series. I will definitely get a copy of the next 2 sequel so that I can finish reading the story of Evie :)

8. Wondrous Strange Series by Lesley Livingson

This is another series that I totally forgot about. I have read the first book and I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the story. I love fairies and the author did a great job of making them realistic at present time. I will get my hands on these books soon :)
 
9. Covenant Series by Jennifer Armentrout
This is an ongoing series as of the moment. I have read the prequel and half of book 1. I am still contemplating if I will continue reading it because I got a little annoyed with its the super close similarity with Vampire Academy which I love. What attracted me to it was the book covers and the story line. I really liked warrior-type characters and I enjoyed smart and kickass leading ladies. BUT, again, it has too many similarities with VA that I'm put off as of the moment. 

10. Clarity Series by Kim Harrington
I have read Clarity and I really enjoyed it...I still haven't picked up a copy of Perception which was just released this year. I am also not sure how many books this series will be :)


I can't believe I was able to fulfill all 10 spots! I really need to contact my ebook supplier soon so I can get a copy of all the books I needed to read. There are so many ongoing series that I really enjoy following ^_^


What about you guys? Have you read a series that you can't seem to finish? Share them with me on the comment box below! ^_^


Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: