Monday, October 8, 2012

Gale Reads: Endless by Jessica Shirvington

Endless is the 4th installment of the Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington. I still haven't read any news if this series will continue with a 5th or 6th book or it will end with this one.

This book was released last month and I was able to get an ebook copy last week. I have already reviewed the first 3 in this blog..It was very detailed and I suggest you check it out first before reading this post..just click here.

TITLE: Endless
AUTHOR: Jessica Shirvington
SERIES: Violet Eden Chapter -- book 4
GENRE: love story, young adult, paranormal, angels
SYNOPSIS: (according to Goodreads)
Love will kill us all.

Angels are real. They aren't always kind. Violet Eden is certain of all this because she is Grigori - part angel, part human. She has felt the influence of both light and dark.

When Hell unleashes its worst, Violet must embrace every facet of her angel self to save the people she cares about and the world as she knows it. But death is not the worst thing that Violet will face. For her, the endless question 'Can love conquer all?' will finally be answered.


COVER TALK: 
As I've said in my previous cover talk, I am not fond of the covers on this series. The first book, Embrace, is beautiful, but the rest are not. They didn't left any impression on me at all because they look so boring. Lucky me, I read them through ebook or else I wouldn't even give these books a second glance in the bookstore and I won't be able to read it hehe.

MY THOUGHTS:
This is the final installment of the series unless the author decided to make this a 5 or 6 books saga...because I felt like it could have one more book to make it complete. Book 4 ended in a way of a cliffhanger, in some sense so I am actually hoping it will have a continuation or else I will be so disappointed. 

It definitely had answered all the questions that were raised since the first book, the author were able to wrap every conflict nicely...but it didn't have a good ending for the main characters. I felt it lacks something when I finished reading the last sentence in the book. It really made me feel like I need to pickup the next one to know what will happen next.


Endless is so much better compared to the first 3. My irritation with Violet were actually eased because in this installment, her immaturity vanished completely. She is still obsessed with her "soul mate" status with Lincoln but I understand it better now. She doesn't have a choice but to feel that way because her very soul is reaching for it and her will power can only endure so much since she is still young and have very strong senses. 

[Spoiler alert] If you don't want to know any details about the story, please feel free to stop reading until here and just come back after you finished reading Endless :)

I also loved the fact that Violet and Phoenix were able to talk everything out and sort their feelings for each other. He was also able to elevate his status which is a great ending for him in some way. I just wish he can forget his love for Violet so that he won't hurt anymore.

Also, I really hated the fact that Violet needed to go away and leave Lincoln after she brought him back. I don't get it why after all the trials they endured together, they won't be able to stay as a couple. They love each other so much but they always get hurt because of it. I really hope this is not a tragedy like Romeo and Juliet coz I hate those kinds of stories. And hopefully, this will still have a book 5 at least to finish Violet's story.



OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5


It is a good book for the series but I don't think it should be the final installment. The story of Violet Eden needed a lot more telling, IMO :)

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: