For today's post, I will be doing a review on my current shampoo which is from Lush Cosmetics called Ultimate Shine. It is another solid shampoo like my previous one (Soak and Float) because I really think I can get more use with these ones compared to their liquid versions, plus it's great for travelling.
WHAT LUSH SAYS:
"Our beautiful, glamorous solid shampoo does exactly what it says; it gives you gloriously softened locks with Ultimate Shine. How do we do that? It's simple; each gently cleansing bar is filled with exotic essential oils to promote a happy scalp and shiny hair. Fragrant ylang ylang makes dull hair gleam once again; to boost your shine even more we add in golden glitter for a subtle shimmer. Floral violet leaf decongests, and gets things moving on your scalp again and toning elemi oil cares for your scal and calms nerves. Wash away and be left with gorgeous, shining stresses."
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Elemi Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Violet Leaf Oil, Gardenia Extract, Golden Glitter, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool
source: Lush website
What it looked like:
NET WT: 100g
- Gives my hair volume.
It really removes dirts and oils that weighs down my hair so I don't really need to use a separate clarifying shampoo.
- It cleanses my scalp and hair very well but gently.
Very minimal hair loss (maybe 3-5 strands only) whenever I shower which is great.
- I love the light fresh scent too. Very mild and not overpowering.
This shampoo can be combined with any conditioner as it won't clash with other scents.
- This lathers up really well.
I just need to wet the bar a little and rub it between my hands to create enough lather for my medium length hair.
- As with all the solid shampoos from Lush, 1 bar is almost equivalent to 3 bottles of a liquid shampoo because this can provide around 80 washes or more depending on the length of your hair and how you store it.
- Perfect for travelling as it saves space in your kit and you won't worry about any spilling during the trip.
- This doesn't melt quite easily. I love that I know I'll be using this for months and months before I need to repurchase again.
- Lush is a cruelty free brand :)
- It might look pricey to some people as 1 bar costs Php400 and not everyone would like to shell out that much money for one product.
- This is not as hygienic as shampoos in a bottle.
- Can be drying if you let the product stay on your scalp/hair for more than 5 mins.
If you let any shampoo stay on your hair for a long time, it will become a clarifying shampoo and remove everything.
- This has sulfates and some people don't like products with SLS. TIPS:
- Keep in a dry place. I store mine in an empty tub of moisturizer so that it won't melt in the shower.
- Create a lather on your hand instead of directly on your scalp to prevent hair breakage due to friction.
- Always follow up with a good conditioner to make your hair softer as this can be drying sometimes.
OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5
I really love this shampoo! Even though it is not moisturizing, I love the fact that it cleanses my hair and scalp perfectly without making me lose my hair in the process (I'm prone to hair loss). I wash my hair every other day as suggested by hair experts and I'm happy to announce that my second day hair is not greasy at all. It actually looks and smells fresh until my next shampoo! I really recommend you try this one when you do drop by at Lush.
By the way, I just received a text from Lush that they are having 50% off SALE for all their Christmas products until the end of January so do visit their stores to check out their items =)
Thanks for dropping by!