Thursday, February 7, 2013

Movie Review: Hansel and Gretel The Witch Hunters


Happy Thursday! I have watched 2 movies back to back this week and here's my review on the first one :)



SYNOPSIS:
This movie is taken from the fairy tale "Hansel and Gretel" and continued on with a "what happened after" story of the siblings when they survived the witch that wants to eat them from the candy house --They became famous witch hunters.

CASTS:
Jeremy Renner as Hansel
Gemma Arterton as Gretel
Famke Janssen as Muriel

*for the complete cast click here*

MY REVIEW:

I want to be honest here, so I will start by saying I really enjoyed this movie! Although it is not perfect and it lacks depth in the story (what can you expect with a spin off tale based on a children's bed time book?), I really liked the fun factor it gave me. I know that I will forget this movie as time goes by, because I know it will be forgettable as this did not made too much impact on me, BUT I really enjoyed the 1.5 hours I stayed inside the cinema. I really think that is the main factor, really, when you watch a movie. You should definitely get engage and have fun as the story brings you to another world.

I wanted to give points to the special effects people because the CG animation are superb and well done. The stunts are also well choreographed and executed. There is a right balance of seriousness and sarcastic humor every now and then. I definitely enjoyed these one liner humor because it's so unexpected and the comedic timing is so right on haha. It really made the whole movie fun, in my opinion.

 Caution though to all parents who will bring their kids to watch. You should be aware that this contains a lot of violence and gruesome scenes where heads explode and extremities get cut off. There is also one nude scene (front and back exposure) in the movie paired with a making out, so if you're not comfortable for your kid to see that, I suggest you should be ready to block their eyes during the "pond/healing scene".

OVER-ALL RATING: 4.5/5


So yeah, that's all the things I think I will say about the movie. It is not memorable and deep enough to be the best movie but it is so much fun to watch and I guarantee you will not get bored the whole time you're inside the cinema. ^_^

Thanks for dropping by!




[SPOILER] I just hope Hansel get to keep the pretty witch with him :(

No comments: