Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pinoy TV Review: Be Careful With My Heart

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope all of you are having a great week so far. Me, not so much as I have a nasty cold and it's hard to breathe so I stayed indoors and just watched videos online. And whenever I'm home during the weekdays, I make sure I watch Be Careful With My Heart (BCWMH) at ABS-CBN :)


TITLE: Be Careful With My Heart
GENRE: Comedy, Love Story, Family
EPISODES: ongoing (started airing in July 9, 2012)
AIRING TIME: 11:45am Monday-Friday
BROADCASTING NETWORK: ABS-CBN

PLOT:
This is a story about a simple girl MAYA DELA ROSA (Jodi Sta. Maria) who journeys to the big city to follow her dreams to become a flight stewardess to help her family. She would allow no one to stop her, not even the handsome, wealthy widower RICHARD LIM (Richard Yap), who threatens to ruin her dreams. Ironically, Richard is her last hope in reaching her dreams because of his influence in the Airline Industry and he will only help Maya if she agrees to become his children's temporary nanny.

click here for the wikipedia complete info 


MY THOUGHTS:
First things first before I say anything else, I wanted to inform you all that I don't typically watch Filipino TV shows and dramas. To tell you guys honestly, I kind of hate them because a lot of these dramas are so long (because of repetitive conflicts) with stereotyped problems and aggravating characters. I'm not saying ALL but A LOT of these dramas. Since time immemorial, the story always evolve around the topic of "poor vs rich" and "family conflict" things which I know is the most popular but to put so many unnecessary twists with it is arrgh! So just to spare myself some irritations, I tend to just spend my time watching other Asian dramas like Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese because every episode will contain something vital and you know that the drama will just run for 20 episodes or less so it won't have a chance to put weird story line most of the time. 

That said, you might say, "why do you watch Be Careful With My Heart if you don't like Filipino dramas?" 
My answer to that is simple: This drama has a very light storyline and only have a few conflicts. This doesn't even have "kontrabidas" (enemies) to begin with hehe and that's a unique aspect by itself and I guess this is what made the drama popular for all ages and gender. 

BCWMH aims to show its audience the fun and positive life of a simple Filipino family regardless of the social standing. They also reenacts the different Filipino values that everyone should have (that a lot of kids didn't do anymore, which is sad) such as always showing respect to adults, saying "po" and "opo", pag-mamano, and even the proper way of courting a girl which is asking for permission to the parents. The conflicts are also the common problems encountered for such age group such as "puppy love" problems and school for the teenagers, jealousy, coping with a death in the family, kids coping with the fact that their father is inlove again after the death of their mom, workaholic parents, OFW in the family, working student, etc just to name a few.  My brother even watches this because according to him, it's nicer to laugh than to cry in every episode which I agree 100% with.

According to ABS-CBN, they still don't know how and when they will end this drama because a lot of people are still watching and they have decided that as long as the ratings are okay, they will continue with the show. I also have read an article about the writers of the show having a hard time because according to them, "...it's so hard to stay positive...and to think of events that happens everyday to anyone..."   For me, I would actually like for the show to continue and for it to end with a "happily ever after" moment for everyone.


OVERALL, I'm giving this show 4.5/5. 

The casts did a great job in acting out their roles and I really salute the casting director because he chose them very well. I gave this a minus 0.5 because even though the acting is good, the way the writers wrote Richard Lim's dialogue is a little off. I don't know why Sir Chief always talks in English and then Maya talks in Tagalog. It's really weird to converse like that don't you think? Luckily for them, it works haha. But aside from that, I really enjoyed BCWMH and I will continue to watch the show at iwantv.com.ph.

To watch Be Careful With My Heart online, click here. There's also a rewind every Saturday morning at Channel 2.

What about you? Have you watched this show? Share your thoughts below and let's chat :)


Thanks for dropping by! 

No comments: