Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kpop Update: F(x) "Rum Pum Pum Pum"

F(x) is back after their 1 year hiatus. Yay!!  I really don't get why SM Entertainment don't showcase them more often. Anyway, they are back with a brand new single called "Rum Pum Pum Pum". Their MV came out late last night and I was really excited about it because I love all the songs of F(x).

Watch the video first before reading my reaction :)


First off, I love the MV! It's kinda like a mixture of Pinnochio and Electric Shock which makes it look cool. I didn't even care that it's the usual SM boxed videos because the girls really looked great in this one. I'm even thinking of recreating their makeup look. Krystal and Luna shined in this video the most and I really liked their hair colors. Victoria is still as gorgeous as ever while Sulli still looks cute. Amber looks pretty but I just wish they put her in pretty clothes. Why does she have the worst outfit always? She can still look pretty while maintaining her boyish image, SM just needs to find good stylist.


Also, I just wish they distributed the exposure equally among the members because there's too much of Krystal here. I know she's beautiful and probably the most popular member and that it's for promotions BUT this is a group MV so they shouldn't focus on her if it's not her turn. Be fair SM! The other members should shine too!  

Now, on the song, it definitely doesn't have the "Love at first hear" effect. It is the type of song that will grow on you and will like after listening to it a couple of times. I believe I needed to hear it for at least 6x before I started liking it which made me a little sad. All their previous songs are way way better than this and I have liked all of them since the first time I heard them until now. Rum Pum Pum Pum is kinda lacking something to make me say "wow!" but I will still download it because I'm an F(x) fan and I will still support them. I just hope their next song would be better :)

RATING: 3/5 - 
The song is just okay for me. You need to listen to it a couple of times before you start liking it because it is a type of song that needs getting used to.



Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: