Sunday, April 20, 2014

Gale Reads: Empower [Violet Eden Chapters # 5] by Jessica Shirvington

Finally! I'm done reading the last book in the Violet Eden Chapters. It really a sort of an achievement for me whenever I finish a series because that meant I have completed the story :)


TITLE: Empower
AUTHOR: Jessica Shirvington
GENRE: Young Adult, Angels, Love Story, Paranormal
PUBLISHED DATE: November 12, 2013 
# of BOOKS IN THE SERIES: 5 titlse, this is the final installment

SYNOPSIS:
It has been two years since Violet Eden walked away from the city, her friends, her future and - most importantly - her soulmate, Lincoln. Part angel, part human, Violet is determined to stand by the promises she made to save the one she loves.
Living in the perpetual coldness of a broken soul she survives day to day as a Rogue Grigori in London.
But when an unexpected visitor shows up at her door, the news he bears about someone she swore to protect leaves Violet with no choice.
Even worse, she fears that this might all lead back to the night she tries hardest to forget. And what was taken without her permission.
Violet is going back to New York ... and she knows exactly who is going to be there.
With Phoenix in her dreams and Lincoln in her heart she knows it is only a matter of time before the final choice must be made.  



COVER TALK:
I don't want to talk & rate this anymore. The original book cover (left) is just so boring and has no appeal whatsoever. I love the other version (right, red) way way better because it has more personality :)



MY REVIEW:
I would recommend you read my review of the first 4 books before reading this post because I have given a good intro for the series in those. Just click here.

I am so so glad that the author made the character of Violet Eden mature book after book. She turned from a whiny love crazed teenager with all those angst that is so immature for someone who has a big responsibility to a wonderful mature girl who knows what she is capable to do & what she must do. She is not totally ruled by her emotions anymore & can control her feelings & actions way better. I guess it's a nice touch for the author because it showed great character development not only for Violet but also to all the other character in the story because she's not the only one who matured. 

This finale is full of action & twists that it became a page turner, which is a little unexpected because I didn't have that much high hope with the series. I loved all the fight scenes that happened. And the ending is the best for each character. I just hoped she didn't have to kill the one that I liked since it's not essential to the story. Anyhow, I really admire each scene of this book and I am now adding this series on my to-buy list for physical copies :)


OVER-ALL RATING: 4.5/5
Perfect ending for a good series. If you love books about strong women then this is for you.


OVER-ALL RATING FOR THE SERIES: 4/5
It is a good series, just not the best in the YA genre that I have read. It started slow in the first 3 books but started to pick up in book 4 & 5. I did love the concept about Gregoris & Nephilims & Angels but the premise & everything is not unique. I would have loved to see more depth to the story. But this is still a good series to read especially if you love books about angels.


Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: