Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Review: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks

Hello everyone! How's the weather in your are right now? Here in Winnipeg, I still can't believe I am saying that -10 degrees is warm LOL. Well if you had 3 weeks of -30 to -40 degrees wind chill then you will understand why. 😜 

I planned on posting reviews for Holiday 2017 collections that are still available right now but majority of what I have are already out of stock so there's no point anymore because you guys won't be able to buy them. These are the only items I have on hand that were released during the holidays and are still available as of today.

Kat Von D released a set of 8 mini liquid lipstick for holiday 2017, only 1 shade (Madrid) is new and the rest are regular colors. I am not really fond of liquid lipstick in general because I have very dry chapped lips and all of the drugstore brands that I've tried made my lips even drier. But after getting the Sephora Give Me Some Bold Lips set last November which included 1 Kat Von D mini liquid lipstick, I fell in love with the formula. I got so intrigued if it is just a fluke or if high end brands do have better liquid lipstick formula, and this set came out just in time because I can test a lot of shades in one go. 



Each mini liquid lipstick contains 3ml of product and the set costs $66 CAD.


Here are the swatches of all 8 shades included in the set. I do have pigmented lips so please keep that in mind.

  








You can see in the swatches how it looks right after application versus after letting it dry for a minute. Only Witches and Exorcism needed 2 coats for it to be even and more opaque. If you will see the picture of Hawkwind, it also shows the difference in shade if you applied 2 coats after letting the 1st layer dry first. If you wanted to achieve the intensity of the color in the bottle, I would suggest you do 2 layers of application.



I also got 3 out 4 of the limited edition Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks that Kat Von D created to benefit Farm Sanctuary, an organization committed to ending farm animal cruelty. 20% of the retail price will go directly to Farm Sanctuary to support their mission. I was only able to get 3 because Bruno was out of stock when I ordered these. Each shade represents an animal in the Farm Sanctuary. 






Each tube of liquid lipstick contains 6.6ml of product and costs $24 CAD at Sephora.


And this is the shade that I got from the Sephora kit - K Dub


What I liked about Kat Von D liquid lipsticks:

- This is a cruelty free brand and according to the package these liquid lipsticks are also vegan. I love supporting brands that take the extra step in helping animals in poor conditions.

  
- Long lasting and transfer-proof. I wear scarves on a daily basis and it usually covers my nose & mouth but you will not see any lipsticks stain on any of them.

- Matte finish but not drying. I can definitely feel that I have lipstick on my lips but they don't feel uncomfortable. I can wear these liquid lipstick for 8hrs and my lips will not become any drier than normal.


*Shot of my lips after wearing the lipstick for 8 hours. I was talking and drinking water too


- Great pigmentation. As you can see in the lip swatches, they look good even on 1 layer only which is how I wear them most of the time. I do believe it would take some time before I can use these all up haha

- I love how light the scent is and that there is no flavor. I really hate lipsticks that taste or smell floral.

- Consistency in the line regardless of shade. I have 12 Kat Von D liquid lipsticks from nudes to black and they all perform the same. 

- I love how easy it is to apply. The doe foot applicator spreads the product evenly and it just carries just enough amount of product for 1 layer of color. 

- Wide range of colors to choose from. You can definitely find something you like.



What I don't like:

- I prefer the applicator of the mini compared to the full size. It's not because of the doe foot applicator as they are the same, I guess I get more control with the shorter wand? I really don't know but it is easier to get a clean straight edge with the mini wand.  

- Expensive. A full size costs $24 CAD! And I probably won't be able to finish it since I have a lot of lipstick on my collection. 

- This set has shades that are too close to each other that when I applied it on my lips I couldn't see too much difference. I am not a makeup artist so I can't appreciate the subtle variation in shades. I hope the next mini set they came out with would contain more colors.


Will I buy again? 
Definitely! I think Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid lipsticks is my favorite among all the brands I've tried. I know I won't be able to use up the full size so unless they came out with another collection that will benefit another organization that helps animals, then I will just get the minis. 


What are your most favorite liquid lipstick? Please share them down in the comment section below so I can check them out. 😊



Thank you for dropping by!


No comments: