A contest from mszcheysser to all the ladies here in the Philippines! :)
"ATTENTION MY LOVES :)
I am holding a contest - just for you. Ever since, I joined blogger, I made several friends from the Philippines who contacted me about how they are not able to get NYX and other American's brands. Because I know how it is to be in their shoes (alot of websites, doesn't want to send to Guam either!), I decided to do a contest for those only in the Philippines! (Since there's alot anyways, mainly for the United States)So what are the requirements?
01. You must be a follower of my blog, of course!
02. You must be in the country of the Philippines.
03. You must be able to get a package from USPS.
So what's the contest?
01. In your blog, list down-5 things that you enjoy about being a Filipina/Filipino
-5 things that about being a Filipino
-5 values that you keep as a Filipino
-5 stereotypes that represent you (Pointing with your lips, when you give directions)-Talk about one filipino celebrity that you admire
Pick any one of them! I'M NOT SAYING TO TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING. That's too much. =P
02. Be creative, add pictures/videos e.t.c
03. Link me in your blog! :)
How do you win? 01. I will be judging - and I will ask 1-2 other fellow bloggers from Guam to help me!
What are the prizes? 01. In my package, I will include products from NYX (Mainly, because this is the most common thing that I get comments about) and "Insert SECOND common Drug Store Brand in here".
* Please comment me, telling me which drug store brand that you are having a hard time finding in the Philippines, as well. If you are the winner, I will shop for your prize. :) And also, that you're entering in my contest! LOL.
IF YOU'RE CREATIVE...And create a look with the Philippines' flag color, I will include a GRAND PRIZE. That is if you win.
WHEN DOES THIS END? I would like to end this on June 7, 2009, so that I can send the package with my parents when they go to the Philippines but date might change to June 30, 2009 if I decide to just send it with USPS. I will let you know. =)
PS:Sorry that I will not be able to provide High-end prizes - I'm being realistic! I need some more of those myself, lol. xD
PSS:Just to let the public know, I don't mind how many people join. It could be 1 or it could be 100, I just want to help someone without having to swap - I just did a different approach. & It's a great way to learn know more about the ladies. [Edited 8:51pm of 05/22]"
Okay, at first I want to enter this contest and answer all of them just like what Crystal did but then I don't think I have the stamina to do it hehe I've been so busy lately and tired so I can't think clearly..so I will just choose two and do a nationalistic look in the end..it's been a while since my last EOTD so this is a great chance :)
5 Things About Being a Filipino
1. Family-oriented. Filipinos have very tight family bonds. We put our family first above anything else and we care for each other until death do us part..We even live with our grand-parents in the same house or even with our aunts and uncles and cousins..We also have frequent family reunions that are huge in the numbers of attendies coz even the distant relatives are invited! :)
2. Hospitable. I'm really proud that Filipinos are very warm and kind-hearted people. I remember one Japanese commented that Filipinos are very helpful to foreigners like her. She said that in Japan, if she and her son are foreign, Japanese people will be aloof and will not offer any help to them..but here in the Philippines, everyone wants to help her take care of her son and keeps on offering assistance so that she can rest for a while or do household chores. I think this makes us unique in the eyes of other nationalities :)
3. Value for Education. Filipino parents consider providing great education to their children as the most priceless inheritance they can leave their children after they die. Majority of us have dreams of finishing college because for Filipino youths, having a college diploma is the key to having a better future. If I remember correctly, one survey about basic needs of Filipino families resulted in having education in the top 3 expenses they considered essential.
4. Respectful to older people. Filipinos uses the word "po" and "opo" whenever we are conversing with older people or to those with higher position than us (ex. our aunts and grandparents, our teachers or boss). These two words allows us to show respect to those people. We also attach "ate" (for females) and "kuya" (for males) to our elder siblings, cousins and friends' names to show that we think of them as our senior. Aside from those, we also practice "mano po" to our parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents whenever we see them (ex. going back home from school).
5. Always Smiling. I agree that Filipinos are one of the most happiest people on Earth! We always finds reason to smile. Even through the hardships we experience everyday, Filipinos will still be smiling through it. We even smile with a greeting to people we don't know. I can't imagine living in a place wherein no one smiles at you. That would be sad.
Talk about one celebrity you admire
My dad is a celebrity among 4x4 off roaders and Land Cruiser enthusiasts. I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with it though. Anyways, I really admire how he brought us up and taught us how to stand up on our feet again after falling. I have done some grave mistakes in the past that parents really prayed that will not happen to their children. Many parents will get angry and blame their kids but my father stayed cool during those times. I cried and felt so sorry and sad because I let them down but my dad never shed a tear, never shouted at me, I never heard him blaming me for it..he just calmly told me "everyone stumble and makes mistakes then fall down...so what if others think bad about you because of this...all that matters is what we think about you...we still love you..and we are always here for you...so stand up on that spot where you fell and look at that obstacle as a lesson so that you won't repeat the same mistake again..then move on..face the world again..smarter and stronger..and we'll always be here backing you up and supporting you all the way.." you know what, I've fallen down many times already in my 23 years of living but he still say the same things to me..to never give up after failing..I have a very cool dad right? I have a dad and best friend in one! :)
Now here's a nationalistic look from me..I hope my cam captured the colors very well..here's the best shot :)
All the colors on my eyes are the 4 colors of our Philippine flag..Red, White, Blue and Yellow :)
What I used:
- MAC Paintpot in Painterly
- Coastal Scents 88 Original E/S Palette (yeah, I decided to keep it just in case my love for eye makeup comes back lol)
- Clinique High Impact Mascara in 01 Black
- The Face Shop eyeliner pencil in 03 White
- Missha Perfect Cover BB cream #23 (stippled using MAC 187SE)
- Aromaleigh URFP in Peaches & Cream (applied with MAC 187SE)
- Ellana blush in Coral Pink (I think this is called Enchanted now)
- Ellana bronzer in Patience
- Ellana lip treatment in Strawberry Kiss
- Lancome Color Fever Shine lipstick in 108
- Miners lipgloss
I hope you all enjoyed my comeback! LOL till my next post. Sayonara! :)