Anyway, I will be blogging about my contribution to the spend vs save topic that has been going around to majority of the blog sites, forums and even youtube..I hope this could be of help to someone :)
I'm not in anyway an expert about nail polishes..these points I'm sharing are based on my personal experiences on these two brands of nail polishes.
SPEND: The Face Shop Php 95
SAVE: Caress Php 22.75
I swatched both on my nails. Here's a picture with only one coat of nail polish.
Now let's try to look at a picture with 2 coats of the polish.
The color became darker and they appear to be the same as with the color on the bottle. Let's take a closer look for comparison.
As you can notice, the The Face Shop nail polish is the one closest to the color in the bottle with just 2 coats while you need to apply a third coat for the Caress nail polish to match the color in the bottle.
- can last on my nails without any base or top coat for around a week
- the shine and quality of the polish (without any base and top coat) lasts for at least 3 days
- doesn't chip that easily
- are available locally
- doesn't dry or thickens easily
- have wide range of colors to choose from
- TFS nail polishes are harder to remove. The color are really hard to take off with any kind of nail polish remover (even with the use of TFS nail polish remover).
- TFS comes in a bigger bottle. Have more content.
- Caress makes my nails a little yellow if I don't remove the polish for at least a week. This does not happen with TFS nail polish
- the price is a big factor
- TFS have more unique colors to choose from, IMO
Over all, I think for someone who is on a tight budget, purchasing Caress over The Face Shop nail polishes is the more practical choice. You can get almost the same quality with regards to color pay-off and staying power for more than half the price. And you can get around 4 Caress nail polishes of different colors with the price of 1 TFS. That is a huge difference! And when you have the budget to splurge, then you can purchase a TFS polish too ^_^
WARNING: As with all the brand of nail polishes, be careful in buying without swatching them because not all shades have good color payoff. Some shades, especially the light ones (according to some) needs more coats to achieve the shade in the bottle because the polish is very fluidy.
What about you? What is your Splurge vs Save items? I want to hear about them too!
Thanks for dropping by! Till next time. Bye! ^_^