Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Revisit: The Face Shop Clean Face White Cleanser

0I'm on the roll today! haha This is my 3rd post already. Anyways, as promised, here is my final review for The Face Shop Clean Face White Acne Solution Foam Cleanser.

If you want to read my initial review on this product, click here.

I started using this last July 29, 2009 and I have been continuously using this product everyday since then. For the first 2-3 weeks, I just used this at night because my skin got so dry (I think my skin was still adjusting that time) so I just washed my face with fresh water every morning. But for the last 3 weeks, I've been using this 2x a day already since I usually wake up like a grease ball haha..Anyways, so I have been using this product religiously for more than 6 weeks already.


I LIKE this product because it:

- is affordable (it is only Php645 for a 150ml tube)
- is readily available on all The Face Shop stores locally
- foams easily even with a small amount of product
- can give you a squeeky clean and refreshed feel after washing
- non-drying after your skin got used to it already
- has a mild scent only..so perfect for those who are fragrance-sensitive
- doesn't sting my facial skin or even my nose and eyes
- very mild in my opinion
- did not cause me any breakouts

What I DON't LIKE about this are:

- it did not do anything to my skin tone..I did not notice any whitening effect on my marks at all
- there are still some dirt on my cotton pad when I use my toner..so I'm not sure if this cleanses thoroughly..but for everyday use, it is good.
- it did little in pimple prevention or treatment
- it does not remove all traces of makeup if used as a makeup remover and cleanser in one

OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5 - This is perfect for everyday cleansing but it is not enough to remove your makeup so you still need to use a separate makeup remover. This is not really a problem for me because I do use a separate makeup remover at night. Also, it doesn't whiten so don't expect to get brighter looking skin if used alone.

WILL YOU PURCHASE AGAIN? I'm still thinking about it since I'm really a product junkie so I want to try another facial cleanser after this hehe but if I can't decide on what cleanser to buy after I finished this one, I'll probably buy another tube of this since it works great.

What about you? What's your favorite cleanser? I want to have a list of products to consider so all your input will be appreciated :)

I'm thinking of purchasing the following:
- Murad acne cleanser <--i a="a" ago="ago" and="and" br="br" great="great" have="have" it="it" more="more" than="than" this="this" used="used" works="works" year="year">- Philosphy Purity Made Simple <-- and="and" have="have" i="i" it="it" liked="liked" span="span" this="this" too="too" used="used">
- Avalon cleanser

Hoping for more suggestions! Till next time. Bye! ^_^

6 comments:

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

i haven't found a great cleanser too. :(

your reviews are great. pls tell us if you found a good cleanser. :)

Crystal Gale said...

^ Hi Nehs! this cleanser is great..I just like to try new ones haha :)

♥ mia said...

this product worked well for me (for acne)

still thinking on whether ill post a review abt it. coz i dunno if i wanna post a pic of my acne on the www, lol

Sez said...

Have you tried cleansing using pure and natural oils? I felt the same about most cleansers in that they do leave you feeling squeaky clean but yet don't actually remove everything and leave me drier which for me means itchy too.. I'm currently using avocado oil at night (I don't use anything in the morning) and I'm amazed because it really dissolves and removes the sebum and dirt from my pores while moisturising my skin! =D

Crystal Gale said...

Mia - hi! I'm glad this worked on your acne..how long before you saw an improvement? :)

sez - hi! I have tried using oils before but I got so many blackheads after a few days..I'm really prone to blackheads even if I use the oils as a makeup remover only then wash it off with a cleanser..but I'm glad it works great for you :)

anaya said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter.


Herbal cosmetics