Sunday, September 27, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana)...

I'm pretty sure everyone of you had heard already about Typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana) hitting our country, the Philippines, very hard. In my almost 24 years of existence, this is the first I experienced extreme flooding here in Metro Manila..Me and my family are lucky because our house have 2nd and 3rd floor and our village is a little higher than the rest of the area around us but my other relatives and my boyfriend was not as lucky...my brother got home very late last night because he got stranded in their office in Libis..my relatives who lives in Sta. Mesa, Manila (their house is just beside Pasig river) is still stranded on the second floor of their house until now without food and water because the water is still 6ft deep..another relative of mine was already on their 3rd floor because the water was already covering the second floor of their house..my best friend and her mom was stuck without any food too on their office in Del Monte and was just able to get home this lunch..and the most sad news for me is when I learned yesterday that my boyfriend with his family had been evacuated from their house in Novaliches, Quezon City because their house was submerged completely. They need to walk on top of the roof of the houses just so they can go to a higher place in their subdivision..I got so nervous yesterday when I can't contact him and that is the reason..They were very busy in surviving especially with a 7months old baby on their arms. They were unable to salvage anything! No clothes or foods or any personal stuff. According to him, their house got flooded in less than an hour! That's how fast the water level came up. It is because their house is near a small stream and Novaliches is near Angat Dam (why did they not give any warning that they need to open the dam?!)..This is the very first time our place got flooded! Even the highway (Mindanao Avenue) just outside of our subdivision looked like a raging river with around 5ft water level..I'm just glad all my love ones are still safe. I'm just glad my bf and his family is already staying in his aunt's place in Fairview and they are warm and safe already. But I'm still worried for my Ninang Mayet and my other uncles and cousins who live in Sta. Mesa because they still have some flood water..

I'm really sad right now especially after I watched the news..the death toll is already more than 80 and the search and rescue operations are still ongoing and for sure the number of deaths will still go up and the damage is still increasing..hundreds of families are already homeless right now and had lost contact with their relatives..Please help us pray..Let us pray that we can all get through this calamity soon..God bless everyone! Be safe.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's pray for the typhoon victims as well as the animals who perished during the flood. ='(

hope your family and friends' situation would get better...

This is worse than Milenyo in my opinion...

Ida said...

hi gale, we were lucky to not be affected so much by the floods also. i'm sorry to hear about what happened to your bf! when i watched the news earlier i felt so scared and sad for everyone :(

文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

please keep safe! hope your loved ones will be safe too... more flooding and rains are expected

Crystal Gale said...

Chelle - thank you! I agree, this is worst than any previous stronger typhoons..I still can't believe it was just signal#1...I'm also sad about the animals who did not survived from the floods..

Ida - I'm glad you and your family is safe..I still felt worried coz I still have no news on the status of my other relatives who were affected by the floods...my bf and his family were already doing some major cleaning..thank you for the concern sis..keep safe

Aicha Amano - thank you! it is raining again here in QC and I'm worried that this can happen again because according the news, there is another low pressure area coming towards Luzon withing 5 days :(

Keep safe everyone! thank you for the concerns..God bless