Sunday, June 13, 2010

Haul: Shoes!

Hello everyone! Happy Independence Day to all Filipinos out there ^_^

I'm quite happy coz it is a long weekend and I can finish finally do a general cleaning on my room that I haven't used for more than a month. My family decided to just sleep in one room this summer to save on electricity..So instead of using 3 airconditioners, we will just use one...Guess who's the lucky one to share a room...hehe my brother! haha ^_^ My brother actually sleeps in our guest room (my bro call it a PBB (Pinoy Big Brother) house coz it has all the amenities of a house just in small sizes) so we raided his place haha :)

Anyway, this is my latest haul..It's been a long time since I really splurged and bought new shoes..I needed new ones and I do go around the malls to look for a pair but I really am hard to please so I just end up buying nothing at the end of the day.

My criteria are:

- must be very COMFORTABLE coz I walk a lot and I have slightly big feet so it hurts a lot if I got a tight fitting one.

- must be in a COLOR that I can pair up with majority of my outfits. (majority of my tops are in blues, pinks, white, yellow and black)

- must be within my BUDGET. Even though I found something I like if it goes past my budget for that type of style, I will not get it.

I got myself 3 pairs at one go hehe I think I really need to buy more frequently so I won't end up buying them at the same time haha ^_^


1. Julia flats in light gray color P600

What I like about it:

- I fell in love with the color. I really am looking for this shade of gray for a long time and I'm glad I found one!

- It's very, very comfortable to wear. It fits my feet really well.

- It's affordable. It's only P599 if I'm not mistaken.

- Easy to clean. I just need to wipe it with a cloth and the dirt will go away.

-Very light and flexible. Feels like I'm walking barefoot :)


What I don't like about it:

- There's a spot on the left pair that is a little too tight on my foot so I need to put a band aid so that it won't rub my skin and wound it.

- Since it's flats, there's not much support / cushion when I walk so I end up with sore muscles on my legs and knees.

Over-all Rating: 4/5. If only I can wear it for long walks, I will definitely give this a 5.

Will I repurchase? Yes! I'm thinking of buying a second pair in the same color for back-up. Just in case it get so worn out in the future haha :)


2. Australian White wedge heels P1,450

What I like about it:

- I like the style. It looks like a classic pair for me. I can definitely wear it with dresses, skirts, shorts and pants.

- The color is very neutral so I can pair it up with anything!

- Since it's a wedge, I can definitely walk on this. I would love to wear high sexy heels but I really can't walk in stilettos so wedges are my savior hehe :)

- I love how it elongates my legs and helps me have a good walk

- Very comfortable to wear. Even if it's high, it's still okay because I still have my balance.

- I think the price is very reasonable coz the quality, is good.

- I love the heels! It's wood and kinda "laminated" to give it a smooth appearance. I think it's sturdy too.

What I don't like about it:
- Nada! I really love this! I think this is the first high-heeled shoes I got in the last 3 years!



*UPDATE* Over-all Rating:
5/5 - I really love it!  3/5 -- This broke after a couple of uses. It didn't even lasted a year :(

 
Will I repurchase? Definitely! I'll get myself another pair if this got worn out in the future. I just hope it's still available by that time hehe ^_^

Here's a shot of me wearing it today. Sorry about my pose. I really don't know how I can showcase how good my shoes look like haha ^_^


3. Rain-shoes P140

It's already the start of rainy season here in Pinas so my mom suggested I go buy a pair of rainboots coz I commute to and fro my office and I will need to travel areas that floods.

I wanted to go and buy something like Plueys but it's so expensive and I won't be able to carry it with me. Then I found this. It's just the right size to fit my bag and it's very affordable too ^_^


What I like about it:

- It's made of a lightweight plastic/rubber material.

- Has a cloth lining on the inside so that your skin won't rub on the rubber when you walk.

- Very affordable. It's only less than Php150

- I can carry it on my office bag. Yup! I bring this pair everyday on my bag so that if it rains, I can change shoes and my feet won't get wet and my regular shoes won't get destroyed.

-It is flexible so it's comfortable to wear unlike regular rainboots.

-It's ankle-length so it can easily be brought along in case of "emergencies".

.
What I don't like about it:

- If you don't like made in China products, this is made in China.

- Since it's only ankle-length, if it floods up to my knees, I could still get wet haha

-Very limited design. That is the reason why I got this style. There's no other prettier option for me.

Over-all Rating: 4/5. I can't wear thick socks with this and I can't really use it with out socks.

Will I repurchase? Probably not coz this won't get worn out so I won't need another pair :)


What about you guys? Do you also love shoes? I love sneakers the most so I have a lot of those around but I guess all girls need a nice pair of heels and some flats to match with their outfits coz we can't really wear rubbershoes with our pretty dresses right? hehe ^_^

Till my next post! Hope to see your shoes too! Bye! :)

2 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

One reason I have a hard time purchasing shoes biggest my biggest criteria will always be COMFORT! Your shoes are gorgeous!

Crystal Gale said...

Thanks Nikki! Me too! Comfort is always the #1 criteria..Our shoes will just sit somewhere if it's not comfortable...Whta brand of shoes is the most comfortable for you? :)