Saturday, November 19, 2011

Random Ramblings (pups, baking, birthday, breaking dawn) ^_^

Hello everyone!! It's another weekend and I'm hoping I can relax now after a busy week ^_^

Anyway, this post would only be a random rambling blog...I don't know, I hope you do like reading random stuffs about me every now and then hehe :)

*WARNING: Picture heavy*

I'll start this post with a current (well, it was current last week haha) family picture ^_^

The puppies are growing so fast! They're already starting to walk now...I'll try to take a picture again of them soon.. My bf told me they already have individual characteristics and can already tell them apart..I'm so excited to visit them again ^_^

I am learning how to cook! So, you all probably don't know that I don't cook at all but these couple of months I did get the urge to start learning how to cook dishes and so far, I'm getting good feedbacks, yay!

And then, I got intrigued with baking. So I got this recipe online and it's White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Macadamia nuts (Well, I used cashew nuts in this practice batch since macadamia nuts are expensive). Since this is my fave cookie, I decided to make it my first trial in baking. The first batch I made using a microwave oven (I thought my oven broke) came out too hard that it tasted like broas haha. But the second batch that was baked using a real oven tasted good! Everyone in my family told me it's the right sweetness and consistency so I'm very very happy ^_^

The cookies shaped like a gingerbread man was created by my bf...he played with the dough while I was baking and he seems happy with his creations so I cooked them for him too hehe ^_^

I just celebrated my 26th birthday! Yay! Thank you so much to all my online friends and readers who greeted me at Facebook! It means so much to me :)

I celebrated my birthday simply. I didn't want a tiring party wherein I will cook and clean the mess afterwards so I just celebrated it with my bf during the day and then with my family at night.

My bf and I ate lunch at YAKIMIX SM North branch. I really love this eat-all-you-can smokeless grill restaurant. They serve a variety of Korean, Japanese and Cantonese dishes and this is usually full and you need to fall in line before you can enter. Luckily for us, we arrived really early around 11am and they have just started letting people in and we didn't get to wait at all.

For lunch, it costs Php499 per person and P599 for dinner.

My favorite food and the reason why I love eating here...Samgyupsal!! Yummy! It is grilled pork belly and it tastes so good! As you can see in the picture, it's already almost gone. Can you imagine, I ate a plate full of samgyupsal alone? haha my bf was laughing at me because I can't stop eating ^_^

I also ordered a drink all you can blue lemonade. It tastes good too and I do love the color blue so whenever I have a choice (they have 4 colors I think) of drink, I usually go for the blue one regardless of what it is hehe ^_^

And I had a simple dinner with my family. We ate crispy pata and Max's fried chicken...I love eating crispy pata! But it was more meaningful because my whole family ate together and we had a chance to chat while devouring our feast ^_^

Have you seen the LEGO construction at SM North The Block yet? It's so cool! That Christmas tree that you can see at my back is made up of Lego! And around it were a lot of Lego structures too like Eiffel Tower, Star Wars etc.

And lastly, it's here! My most awaited movie of the year. I have been waiting for more than a year for this to be shown in cinemas.

And can you believe that I watched it twice yesterday?! Haha I did! I watched at Trinoma (first showing of the day, 1:20pm) with my best friend and another batch with my dad and sis at SM North (8:40pm).

I am very impressed with the movie. For the very first time since Twilight aired, I have no negative comment after watching it. Rob and Kirsten improved quite a lot with their acting, Taylor is so good that I cried in a couple of his scenes, the CGI wolves and Bella's physique while pregnant are amazing, the birthing scene and imprinting are perfect and I really love the effects and the setting! Isle Esme is really beautiful and I really really love to go there to see if it's real!

I am not gonna go into details because I don't want to give out spoilers and ruin it for those who haven't watched it but I salute the director for making everything so good and almost true to the book. For a fan of the books and my fave is Breaking Dawn, I was not disappointed whatsoever. The altering he did about some scenes to make it fit in the movie never bothered me and I do agree that it would be better to show it that way than follow the book exactly because it made the telling of the story easier for non-readers of the book to understand. Oh, and I applaud the director for making the honeymoon scenes very artistic. He captured it perfectly in my opinion ^_^

So I am really happy right now and I can't wait for part 2! I will definitely buy a dvd of Breaking Dawn once it's out. If you guys haven't seen it yet, do check it out. It's really worth the Php220, just don't go watching it at SM North cinemas because it sucks...We almost lost our reserved seats just before the movie starts because someone else's also have the same seat number as I have. And also, the movie already started and there are still a lot of people entering and the lights was still on...It was so distracting plus they allowed a 5-year-old to enter. It has love scenes for heaven's sake and they let a kid to watch it? I don't know what they're thinking..I really hated the experience...I do love the Trinoma cinema though because it's more organized and hassle-free and the crowd is not too noisy because there were no kids inside.

Anyways, thank you for dropping by! I hope I didn't bore you to death with my ramblings ^_^

3 comments:

herroyalbleakness said...

Ang saya reading through this post! Feeling ko kasama ako during your Yakimix buffet, lol! Ssam gyup sal looks yummy!!! Love rolling the meat up in veggies! :D

Naku, di ako fan ni Stephanie M., hehe. Zombie chic ako. Although I loved Kate Beckinsale's stint sa Underworld saga. Yun na ang Vampire encounters ko. And also yung kay Chloe Moretz na Let Me In.

And yes, nakipag brasuhan ako with kids for a photo at the huge Lego display! Mwahahaha!

Happy 26th Gale! Stay happy, pretty and healthy!

AskMeWhats said...

Nice to know things are going well on your side, ang cute ng cookies na na baked! I am craving for one!

Hay, I haven't watched Breaking Dawn pa! Pag kumonti na lang ang tao kahit na late, ayaw kong makisabay! :)

Crystal Gale said...

Arg - Thank you! Sakto nga gift mo eh, birthday ko hehe. Next time siguro pwede tayo mag Yakimix pag nag girls' night out tayo...walang diet-diet haha ^_^

Nikki - haha yeah, dami nga tao..I reserved my seats nung Nov 7 pa...excited eh hehe...I hope you can watch it soon. It's really good! ^_^