Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: SkinLite Cleansing Tissues

Happy Monday!!!! I really can't believe that November is already ending in a couple of days...Time really flies so fast :)

I want to start this post with a question to all of you.. Do you use makeup remover wipes as your main makeup remover? If so, what is your HG? And how frequent do you use it?

I'm very curious about your answers because I can't stand it if I didn't use any form of makeup remover to remove my bb cream everyday before washing my face.. I don't feel really clean even if the facial wash I used is meant to remove makeup and dirt.

I haven't replenished my Mandom cleansing express yet (I was unable to ask my Japanese friend to get me one when she went back to Japan) so I am looking around for a cheaper alternative until I can get another cleansing water type of makeup remove when I found these two facial wipes at Landmark Trinoma and they were on sale that time so I got 2 variants to test. I used to only use facial wipes for cleaning (like Kleenex and Johnson's baby wipes) when I go camping or if I'm going out of town but I told myself that these wipes are specifically meant for makeup removal so I might as well try it ^_^

I got the variant for acne prone and a regular makeup wipes.

1. SKINLITE spot reducer cleansing tissues

This costs Php99 for 30 wet tissues. Main ingredients are salicylic acid, tea tree oil and aloe vera.
Once you open the box, you will get this package which has a resealable lid.
I LOVE THIS because:


- Removes make-up and dirt very well.

- It is very convenient to use and mess-free compared to makeup removers that comes with a pump.

- The resealable lid is good quality because it was able to keep every piece moist.

- The cloth is not scratchy. It felt soft to the skin.

- The wipes doesn't tear off easily. It is thick enough to prevent tearing while I wipe my face, neck and arms.

- Easily available at Landmark department store. I haven't seen this elsewhere.

- Affordable. This costs Php99 only and I got this when it was 10% off (Php88!)

- It contains acne-fighting ingredients to fight breakouts.


I HATE THIS because:

- It made my skin very dry after I used this every night. I can't remedy it even if I have used a very heavy moisturizer 2x a day. And the dryness triggered my skin ashtma..I now have rough skin because of the small bumps that appeared.

- Has a chemical scent because of salicylic acid and tea tree oil.

- I didn't notice any effect on its claims about treating acne. I broke out two weeks ago and it didn't helped at all.


2. SKINLITE Make-up Cleansing tissues in Green Tea Variant

The ingredients at the back...
The cloth...
I LOVE THIS because:

- Removes make-up and dirt very well.

- It is very convenient to use.

- The resealable lid is good quality because it was able to keep every piece moist.

- The cloth is not scratchy. It felt soft to the skin.

- The wipes doesn't tear off easily.

- Easily available.

- Affordable. This costs Php99 only.

- This comes with a couple of variants like aloe vera, tea tree oil, etc


I HATE THIS because:

- Made my skin dry that can't be remedied with a moisturizer. But not as dry as when I used the one for acne. {I used this first before I tried the one for acne}

- The quality of the cloth is not consistent for every package. I repurchased this last week and the new one I got is scratchy.

- I got eye wrinkles when I used this to remove my eyemakeup. And it can't remove any waterproof eye makeup easily anyway.


OVER-ALL RATING for both:

CLOTH: 4.5/5 -- softest I've tried but not consistent for every package.
PACKAGING: 5/5 -- good quality. keeps every piece of tissue moist.
PERFORMANCE: 4/5 -- removes makeup easily for the face..not good on eyes.

WILL I REPURCHASE? I'm not yet sure because right now, I am afraid of getting another bad batch. I repurchased last week and the texture of the cloth is scratchy. But if they can control the quality better, I will definitely repurchase but probably not for everyday makeup remover. I'll just use this whenever I go camping and travelling ^_^


TIPS:

- Close the lid properly to keep your wet tissues moist.

- Not for everyday use because it is very drying.

- I sometimes put this in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes before using. It makes me feel refreshed after a long day.

- Do not use on your eyes! It will give you premature wrinkles.

- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser after to remove any residue of dirt and makeup.

- Moisturize! This is quite drying if used frequently. I have very oily skin and this made me dry.


WHERE TO PURCHASE: Landmark Department store.. PHP99.00 :)

Thank you so much for dropping by! TIll next time, bye ^_^

2 comments:

Chandu.A said...

I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include almost all significant info.I would like to peer extra posts like this such a nice article thanks for sharing knowledge
skinlite cream

My Love Dose said...

Skinlite Cream 20gm is useful for skin acne, wrinkles and skin spot, for example, pigmentation and dark spots of the skin.