Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review: Holika Holika Clearing Petit BB Cream

Time for another product review! This time, I'm reviewing my current BB Cream, the Holika Holika Clearing Petit BB Cream.

I got this BB Cream online and it cost around Php250-280 only. I got intrigued by it because it is meant for acne prone skin. It comes in a 30ml blue-green colored tube and it also has SPF 30 PA++. I researched online for reviews and it got raves about not breaking anyone out so I decided to try it for myself since it's very hard for me to find a bb cream that would not break me out or at least not irritate me.

Here's a product desription from Amazon.com.. I can't read the Korean writings at the back of the tube so I can't translate them for you hehe ^_^

"Holika Holika Pore Clearing Petit BB Cream 30ML with Tea Tree Oil and Sebum Control Powder

Fresh Texture without oil Tea Tree Oil Extract helps to clean skin by alleviating skin troubles and red spots, make a refreshing baby face with Sebum Control Powder.

Terpine-4 of Tea Tree Oil alleviates inflammations that happen by bacteria and mold funguses.

Sebum control powder helps to maintain fresh and soft skin condition by reducing shine with excellent sebum capturing effect."


I have been using this for 2-3 months now and here's my take on this product.

Note: I have Combination, acne prone and sensitive skin for reference purposes.


I LOVE THIS PRODUCT because:

- This contains Tea Tree oil to fight off acne and I'm happy to say that this didn't broke me out even with continous use.

- Sun protection of SPF 30 PA++ is also enough for everyday use. It also didn't gave me any white cast on photos.

- The color match is great as you can see in the picture. It really gives me a natural look. Plus, it has a yellow undertone so it doesn't give me any grayish or pinkish cast like other bb creams.

- It spreads very easily on the skin. I prefer applying this using my fingers instead of a brush.

- Coverage is light to medium. This won't cake even if you accidentally applied too much at once.

- The size of the product is enough for a good trial. I wouldn't be saddened if this won't work for me because I won't be wasting a lot of product.

- Very affordable. This cost less than Php300 only.

- Again, the size is very travel friendly because it is compact and seals tightly.

- It doesn't have a strong Tea Tree Oil scent.

- I also love the packaging because it has a cute cat drawing in front hehe and I love blue ^_^


I DON'T LIKE THIS PRODUCT because:

- It is said to have a great oil control but I did not experienced it. I normally oil up after an hour or two after washing my face and whenever I use this, I still oil up after 2-3 hours. So it has little to moderate oil control properties.

- Staying power is so-so in my case. I usually look like I don't have foundation on at the end of the day.

- This darkens on me so bad! I have acidic skin and that's the reason why I use lighter foundation and since this is almost the same as my natural skin color, after 6 hours, I already look dark :(

- Not easily available locally since Holika Holika doesn't have any outlet here in the Philippines.

- It only comes in a small bottle so if you decided you like this and want to get a full size one, THIS is their full sized bottle hehe

- I don't think they have any other shade since the label doesn't have any number to indicate if this is shade 1 or 2.


OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5. I am giving this product a score of 5 for the shade, texture, coverage, packaging, price and acne control properties. But I'm giving this a score of 3 for the oil control and staying power.

WILL I REPURCHASE THIS? No. I prefer to have a long lasting foundation with great oil control over price.


So, have you guys tried this bb cream? What can you say about it? Please suggest other brands for me that is good for oily acne prone skin so I can try them out too ^_^

6 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

no I haven't tried any Holika Holika product, but seems like it's good no? thanks for sharing your thoughts on this considering you have very sensitive skin

Crystal Gale said...

Hi Nikki! thanks for dropping by ^_^

ellenwad said...

Hi!:) you might want to try the following bb creams which are intended for oily skin:
missha choboyang bb cream
skin79 hot pink bb cream
skinfood good afternoon peach green tea bb cream

i tried the 3 mentioned bb creams and so far, choboyang had really great oil-control. it lasted up to 6-8hrs to me!:) my second choice would be skin79 which has good oil control too. skinfood, on the other hand, didn't work for me. it only last for 2-3 hrs and nagbreak out din ako. :(

Crystal Gale said...

Hi ellenwad! Thank you for your suggestions. I will try the Missha if I can get my hand on a sample...Skin 79 broke me out so yeah hehe...But I will try that missha one..I hope it won't break me out :)

lyly said...

Missha broke me out so never again.
Skin 79 pink color doesn't got much oil control ( not that great)
Skinfood never try it before
I will try this holika out just order

BTW, i heard very great review on the Lioele Skin Fix Powder Pact Oil Control Type ( all positive review and seem sold out every where) i will try this combination out.

Unknown said...

I love this whole range! I also have it in Clearing and I love it. It covers pretty decently, although I still reach for my concealer when I want a full coverage look, but for lazy days it's perfect! It's yellow toned too so it fits my Asian skin tone.

I'm a new follower by the way! Hope you have time to check out my blog hihi! xx

somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com