Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Korean Dramas to Watch ^_^

Here are some dramas that started airing last week that I've decided to watch ^_^

1. Rooftop Prince


Genre: Fantasy, comedy, romance
Episodes: 20
Air Time: Wednesday-Thursday @ SBS
Synopsis: The Crown Prince of the Joseon Era was sent 300 years in the future (2012) with his 3 body guards while they are searching for the murderer of the Crown Princess. Coincidentally in 2012, some key characters like the Crown Princess and the Crown Prince himself looks the same with the present people.


Reason for watching: I am a fan of Park Yoochun who is acting as the Crown Prince.

Initial Impression after 2 episodes: I am hooked! It is so funny that I can't stop laughing whenever I remember the scenes. I am so glad it consists of 20 episodes coz I would love to laugh and fall in love with Mickey again.


2. Fashion King


Genre: Romance
Episodes: 20
Air Time: Monday-Tuesday @ SBS
Synopsis: The story is about the aspiring fashion designers with different backgrounds and how they conquered the different trials and became well know in the fashion industry.

Reason for watching: I searched for this because I want to see Yuri of SNSD in her acting debut. At first I just want to watch the first episode but when I saw Yoo Ah In as one of the main cast, I decided to watch this for him.

Initial Impression after 2 episodes: This is actually a little on the drama side because the main characters' life was hard but it has a touch of comedy here and there so I still laughed. I can already tell the actors are great so I know I won't be disappointed. I'm excited to know how the story will unfold. Really looking forward to it.


3. K-pop Extreme Survival


Genre: Musical, romance.... & (cross-dressing...Is this a genre? haha)
Episodes: 16
Air Time: Monday-Tuesday @ Channel A
Synopsis: This is a story about the life of a Kpop Idol group M2 and its members. The company conducted a survival audition on who will become the new members of the group. The character of Ji Seung Yeon is a boyish girl who is very talented and wants to become a hip hop artist. She needs to pretend to be a boy in order to reach her goal.



Reason for watching: I love musical shows like this...just like You're Beautiful and Dream High. I decided to watch the first airing and I got hooked.

Initial Impression after 2 episodes: I love it! It feels like YAB and DH combined with a little Coffee Prince on the side haha. I think it's the perfect blend because the lead actress really looks like a boy and not just trying to be one...She's the older sister of Mir of MBLAQ and they really look alike...check out their pic. They look like twins!


Also, the character of Kang Woo Hyun is acted by Park Yoo Hwan who is the brother of Park Yoochun. I just learned about this when I watched the first airing because he really looked like Mickey Yoochun. Check out their pic :)


The first 2 episodes are really promising and I am looking forward to the story. It is very entertaining too ^_^


4. Love Rain


Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Episodes: 20 (not yet confirmed)
Air Time: Monday-Tuesday @ KBS
Synopsis: The drama is about an ill-fated love story between a couple of the 1970s and the story between their children at present who have met and fallen in love too. Will they also end up heart broken like their parents?

Reason for watching: I am a fan of Jang Geun Suk and I wanted to watch this one. Plus, his leading woman is Yoona of SNSD hehe.

First Impression after 2 episodes: No comment yet coz I haven't watched it yet. I'm still waiting for an ENglish subbed episode until now.


You can watch English Subbed episodes of any of these drama at:

www.kimchidramas.net
www.mysoju.com
www.viki.net

No comments: