I can't believe summer is coming so fast. It is getting hotter and hotter everyday and the sun is also getting stronger too. I am already experiencing skin asthma every now and then because of the hot weather and I can also feel the burning feeling on my skin whenever I stay out under the sun. So this review is triggered by summer.
We all know that it is a must to wear sunblock of at least SPF 30 PA++ when you know you'll be exposed under the sun for a long time. We need to prevent our skin from being damaged by the harmful UVA/UVB rays because it can not only lead to sunburn but also to skin cancer.
Now, if you love outdoor activities like me, you know that if you sweat a lot, the topical sunblock you applied on your skin will be gone and you must reapply again. And it is so hard to reapply so frequently right? SO here's my solution to that problem. I wanted a guarantee that even though I failed to reapply my topical sunblock, I still have protection against the sun. I'm talking about Heliocare oral sunblock.
"Heliocare oral capsules support a diet rich in antioxidants. They contain natural antioxidants which fight excess free radicals formed as a resultof internal metabolic processes and environmental aggression. Excessive sun exposure is a direct cause of photo and premature skin aging."
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT IT
- I love the idea that I have extra protection on top of my topical sunblock whenever I need to spend a lot of time outdoors.
- The size of the capsule is perfect so it is easy to swallow.
- I rarely get sunburned even though I engage in swimming, hiking or any kind of activities involving too much sun exposure.
- On top of the sun protective properties, it also has antioxidants to fight off free radicals in the body.
- No allergic reactions experienced by my whole family.
THE CONS OF THE PRODUCT
- Quite expensive. I think I paid around Php3,000 for a bottle (60 capsules).
- Can only be found in a dermatologist clinic.
- You need to take one capsule every 3-4 hours between 8am to 3pm because one capsule is only effective for 3 hours.
OVER-ALL RATING: 4.5/5. I can't use this everyday because I'm afraid of what it will do to my liver so I just use it occassionally. But this stuff works great!
WILL I REPURCHASE? Definitely! It is summer again and my family needs this product again because of the number of outdoor activities we'll be having :)
- Take one capsule 30 minutes before going out.
- I would suggest to still use topical sunscreens in conjunction with this product to maximize the protection.
- Keep in a cool dry place to prevent melting.
I love this product and I recommend this to anyone who enjoys outdoor activities or has a job wherein you need to be exposed to prolonged sun exposure.
DO ask your dermatologist about it. Thank you for dropping by! ^_^