Hello everyone! I found a review of a product that I was unable to post so I've decided to just post it now even if it is quite old. I don't know why I forgot to upload this before but anyway, it's better late than never right? :)
NOTE: This review was done months ago and I did not edit it out even though I found out that they do test on animals ..I did love Etude House but I'm sad I can't purchase anything from them anytime soon..Hopefully Amore Pacific will push through with their promise that starting 2013 they will eliminate animal testing in their company *crossing my fingers*
Hello everyone! You know how much I love Etude House because they provide great and cute products at a very affordable price. I tended to grab a lot of stuffs whenever I drop by their SM North EDSA branch even if I didn't plan on getting anything. This BB Cream that I will be reviewing is actually bought by my sister Mei and I just borrow it whenever I want since we share the same room haha ^_^
This is called Collagen Moistful BB Cream in #1.
It has whitening, anti-wrinkle and SPF 30 PA++ properties.
The back part doesn't have any English translation so I don't know the exact ingredients. But it does have a part where it says it is FREE of mineral oil, ethanol and paraben which is good. It contains 50g or 1.76 oz of product.
This comes in a plastic pump bottle and you need to actually store it upside down so all the products will go down to the pump at the bottom of the bottle. I actually love this pump because it dispenses the right amount of product. I usually pump once to cover my whole face.
This is how it looks like on the skin:
- This contains anti-aging and whitening properties.
- This has a high sun protection-- SPF 30 PA++ -- which is quite perfect for everyday use
- I love the packaging so much because I can control the amount of product I'll dispense and since it is in a pump bottle it is quite hygienic.
- The scent is very mild so it doesn't bother me.
- This is very easy to spread on the face. I prefer using my fingers and then blend with a brush afterwards.
- I believe this is a medium to heavy coverage so you only need a tiny amount for your entire face. One pump is actually more than enough for the face and neck.
- Gives a very smooth finish on the face.
- It is quite sticky on the face and makes me so oily. I guess since this is actually meant for dry skin and I have oily skin so it doesn't work. My sister have very dry skin so she tends to buy products that have a lot of moisture and this is too much for my skin type.
- It also oxidizes on me and I end up looking tanner and "dirty" after 5 hours. Not a good look if I have a long day event.
- It can look cakey and settle on pores and scars..I have a couple of ice-pick scars on the cheeks and it settle on those and emphasizes them =(
- Doesn't actually matches my skin tone. This is pale for me.
- I break out from this if I wear it at least 3 days in a row which sucks.
OVER-ALL RATING: 2.5 - I can't love this BB cream because we don't match at all. I just love using it during the times when my skin is flaking due to dryness from acne meds or something. But I definitely can't wear this on an everyday basis.
WILL I RE-PURCHASE? Nope. I'm glad I didn't bought this because this is not meant for my skin type. I was just attracted because it has anti aging, whitening and a high SPF hehe. It also breaks me out due to too much moisture and I guess dirt that gets attached to the oils I produce.
This is really meant for dry and mature skin so oily skinned gals should stay far far away from this unless you wanted a dewy and moisturized look.
- Don't use a kabuki brush to apply this coz it can get cakey and streaky
- It is very easy to apply too much since this is thick so start thinly then build it up to the coverage you want. It is easier to add more products but you can't "subtract" when you applied too much.
- If you are oily, apply an oil control primer first and set the BB cream with an oil control powder like Ellana silica powder (HD primer powder)
What about you? Have you tried using this too? Do you love BB Creams? Please share your favorite BB creams so I can check them out the next time I buy.
Thanks for dropping by! Till my next post. Bye! ^_^