Hello everyone! Do you like having smooth soft skin but doing it without breaking the bank and minus all the chemicals? Well, if you're interested to know how, continue reading this blog post :)
This recipe is very famous online because it is very effective and the ingredients can easily be found on your kitchen. Here are the things you'll need:
- Brown sugar
- Honey (organic is better)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tea tree Oil (Optional)
- A small bowl
- Empty Container for storage
What to do:
1. In a bowl, put 1 to 1.5 tbsp brown sugar -- the amount will depend on how many "beads" you want on your scrub. Brown sugar is a very good exfoliator because it is not harsh on the skin.
2. Add in 1 tbsp of EVOO. Olive Oil is great because it will give moisture to the skin but without clogging your pores.
3. Add in the honey for that antibacterial and calming effect. I put the EVOO first so that the honey will just slide off the spoon. Otherwise, it would be hard to remove all the honey.
4. You can also add a couple of drops of tea tree oil if you have breakouts.
5. Mix everything together and put it on a container. You can store this if you haven't used everything up.
6. Get some scrub and gently scrub your face and neck in light circular motions. You can also use this on your body and scalp.
Note: scrub your scalp and not your hair.
7. Rinse with warm water. Pat dry.
Note: you can also wash after if you feel oily.
You can do this once or twice a week. It will really leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. I tried it on my scalp the other day and it helped clarify it so that my hair won't look limp.
- all natural ingredients
- very easy to make and cheap
- makes skin soft and smooth
- not harsh on the skin so can be used twice a week
- multipurpose scrub - for face, neck, body and scalp
- Can leave a thin film of oil -- it's okay for the body but it's not good on the hair coz it can weigh it down
If you tried this at home, please do leave a comment below and tell me how it went. Hope everyone will ave a nice time pampering yourselves ^_^
Thanks for dropping by!