Hello! It's Saturday again and I'm hoping all of you will have a great weekend..It's quite cloudy outside so do bring an umbrella if you're going outside :)
For today, I wanted to share my first impression on a product that I have just purchased -- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer. This is my first ever item from Tarte Cosmetics because aside from the fact that we don't have this brand locally, I am actually just got attracted to it because of the rave the Amazonian Clay blushes received. I was debating whether to get this TM or their 12-hr wear foundation, but after a lot of research, I have settled into getting their TM because of the reviews it got.
I got mine for Php1,700 from Windy of StuffInStyle because she stocks US and UK brands regularly and the prices are really reasonable. I also had a smooth transaction with her (this is my first time buying from her) so I definitely recommend her website for those of you looking for brands like Urban Decay, Tarte, EOS, Korres, Stila, NYX, Wet&Wild, Sleek, etc.
Here's what it looked like:
I forgot to take a picture but it arrived with a secured bubble wrap to protect it from getting squeezed during the shipping. I really appreciated the thank you note too :)
"This weightless formula is no lightweight: packed with skinvigorating™ ingredients this tinted moisturizer will keep skin looking and feeling naturally smooth." - From the Tarte website
Tarte is also very proud to be a 100% Cruelty and Vegan brand ^_^
For more info on the product, please check out and visit their website:
CONTENT: 50ml/1.7 fl.oz.
MY SHADE: Agent 06 (Veil) - light skin w/ yellow undertones
MY INITIAL THOUGHTS:
I have only used this product 3x since I got it so I will still be posting a final review after I've used it for at least a month.
Here's a before & after picture of me wearing the tinted moisturizer and also how it looked after a couple of hours since application. I used a loose powder to set the TM because I have oily skin. I wore it outside and it was very hot that day so I was perspiring a lot. The last shot was taken without any retouching and I just used a tissue paper to blot my sweat before taking a picture.
- I liked the fact that it contains SPF 20 ...I'm not sure about the PA but at least it has a high SPF that is perfect for everyday use :)
- It is from a brand that is 100% cruelty free and vegan
- Feels very light on the skin. It feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face.
- Looks very natural. It blends well on the skin.
- This doesn't contain harmful chemicals like paraben, SLS, etc. Perfect for sensitive skins.
- Has a great shade system for everyone. Shade Agent 06 is a perfect match for me because it has the right amount of yellow undertone.
- It did not oxidized on me! This is the coolest part. I did try to get a shade lighter but I ended up getting an exact match with 06 so I was really worried at first but it ended well. It did not get dark and muddy on me unlike other foundation/BB Cream/ TM I used before.
- Doesn't cake even if you applied multiple layers and it still feels light on the skin even if you have 4 layers already which is kind of nice.
- I think this is great for any skin type. I currently have a skin asthma attack so some areas of my face are flaky and very dry and some are oily but this TM worked fine on all the areas of my face :)
- This haven't broken me out after 3 consecutive uses and hopefully it won't. I'll update you guys on that.
- this has a very sheer coverage. I've read somewhere that this is light to medium coverage but when I tried it, it just gives a sheer coverage.
- Not buildable coverage. I tried using my fingers on my first try and 2 kinds of brush on my next 2 tries and all 3 gave me light coverage. I tried applying more layers hoping it can give me at least a medium coverage but it stayed the same.
- It becomes itchy when I sweat a lot which is not uncommon for me but it irritates me when that happens. I'll try this again when my skin is not acting up so I can test this further.
OVER-ALL, I am still in the middle whether I am happy with my purchase or not. I like that it doesn't oxidize and it feels light on my skin but I want some coverage to cover my acne scars. I will try other methods to see whether I can achieve the effect I want just by using this.
I am also asking my sister to test it out too so she can give me her opinion and I can share them with you on my final review since we have different skin type -- she have dry sensitive skin and I have combination acne prone skin.
Have you guys tried using this Tarte Smooth Operator TM? Please share your thoughts and also your techniques on applying this product. I would really appreciate it. ^_^
Thank you for dropping by!