Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gale Reads: Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews

Hello everyone! It's Saturday night and I am so happy today because it's our 9th anniversary. I can't believe that me and my bf is already nearing a decade together. It feels so fast, to tell you honestly. I still feel the same way I did when we started eons ago...still giggly and excited for every date ^_^

Anyway, I'll skip all the mushy part haha I don't want to bore you guys. I will do a Gale Reads edition today because I have already finished reading my newly acquired novel. This is my first time ordering through Powerbooks and I am glad it was a success. It is way cheaper and hassle free than if I will order by myself through Amazon and it took around 4 weeks before I got my order.



TITLE: Gunmetal Magic
AUTHOR: Ilona Andrews
GENRE: Action, Paranormal, Dystopian, Romance, Fantasy
SERIES: Kate Daniels 5.5
SYNOPSIS: (from Goodreads)
After being kicked out of the Order of the Knights of Merciful Aid, Andrea's whole existence is in shambles. She tries to put herself back together by working for Cutting Edge, a small investigative firm owned by her best friend. When several shapeshifters working for Raphael Medrano--the male alpha of the Clan Bouda, and Andrea's former lover--die unexpectedly at a dig site, Andrea is assigned to investigate. Now she must work with Raphael as her search for the killer leads into the secret underbelly of supernatural Atlanta. And dealing with her feelings for him might have to take a back seat to saving the world...



MY THOUGHTS:
I love the Kate Daniels series and I love Andrea there so I was so happy when Ilona Andrews decided to create a whole novel about her and not just an anthology like with Jim and Dali. I was really excited to read about her life and her relationship with Raphael. 

I bought her book because I know that I will love Andrea and I will enjoy reading her adventures. She is as strong willed and spirited as Kate so it was so much fun reading her witty replies. She knows what she wants and she tries her best to get it. She is also not whiny and when she encounters a problem in her life, she faces it head-on.

I was able to finish this in one seating because it was so good and I kept on turning the pages wanting to know what happens next. It has Andrew's trademark of action packed scenes complete with the descriptions of each weapon used. Andrea was such a marksman and she loves guns and bows so it was such a treat to see how she handles them. I really believe Andrews researched a lot to make the descriptions realistic.

I'm also happy that this has a good ending for everyone. It is a finished story and you don't have anything hanging or questions left unanswered. This is definitely a very well written book and I have no complaints whatsoever.


OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5 

I definitely recommend this book! I cannot find any problem with this one and I am so excited for the release of Kate Daniels #6 ^_^



Thanks for dropping by!



No comments: