Happy Friday everybody! As promised, here's my final thoughts on the popular TM from Tarte :)
You can read my initial opinion about this product here.
PRODUCT: Tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer
SHADE: Agent 06 (AKA Veil)
CONTENT: 50ml / 1.7 fl.oz
MADE IN: USA
PRICE: Got it for P1,750 at Stuff In Style
MY SKIN-TYPE: combination-oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin
FOUNDATION SHADE REFERENCE: Ellana French Vanilla, Lauress Soft Yellow, and I'm around MAC NC20-25 (I think..I haven't been to a MAC counter for a long time)
- Very light on the face. I don't feel like I'm wearing anything on even if I applied 2-3 layers.
- Has sun protection (SPF 20) which is enough for everyday wear. You can definitely skip sunscreen if you're not gonna spend a lot of time outside. (I just hope they added PA protection too)
- Didn't cause me any breakouts or allergies.
- 100% vegan and cruelty free
- Good staying power for a tinted moisturizer. Lasts the whole day on me.
- Gives an even-toned and healthy skin which looks really natural. I have fooled a lot of people that I have great skin coz I don't look like I have foundation on my face hehe :)
- Doesn't oxidize on me.
- You can still achieve a natural look even if you applied more layers.
*1 layer is sheer and looks like your normal skin but more even. See? I don't look like I have anything on.
*2 layers is a light-medium coverage that still looks natural but can cover some veins and light pigmentations.
You need to use your fingers and pat it on your skin to build coverage.
This is the only way I can build it upto a light-medium...using brush
doesn't do anything hehe.
It gives me a dewy look if I get oily during the day...I can actually
skip blotting and retouching because whenever I oiled up I get this
healthy glow on my skin that looks natural rather than my usual
it's-so-shiny-&-oily-i-can-fry-with-it skin that I get with MMU
Here's a full makeup look applied around 8am.
FOTD: 2 layers of Tarte TM, Ellana Sheer velvet powder, Ellana
blush in Intimate, Tony Moly Backstage gel liner in black, Watson cherry
lipbalm, H&M cherry lipgloss.
Picture below is taken after 6 hours (around 2pm) from application without any kind of blotting or retouching.
I still look fresh right? My liptint and blush faded already but my skin still looks good even though I perspired a lot during lunch time :)
- It's a little sticky while applying the TM...luckily, once it dries up, it's okay. If I'm on the rush, I just use a blotting sheet before I apply my setting powder :)
- The shimmer that gives off a glowing look is very obvious and it can bother some people. I'm okay with it but others might not.
- The shade gets a little darker when you layer it up if you are trying to achieve a higher coverage. One layer is my exact match but if I applied 2 or more layers, it gets a shade darker so I need to apply a light powder on top.
OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5
I really, really am in love with the naturally glowy healthy skin & oil control it gives my skin...oh, and also the lightness of it. I just hated the fact that it's a pain to build the coverage to a medium because (1) I need to use a lot of product which is a waste of money and (2) it gets darker as I layer it up. I definitely suggest you just get a separate foundation for occasions where you need heavier coverage. It will save time, effort and money...BUT nevertheless, I am in love with this product and I will definitely repurchase if I used this up :)
Can you guys suggest a good medium to heavy coverage that's great for oily skin gals that is from a cruelty-free brand? Hope to hear lots of suggestion from you all :)
Thanks for dropping by!