Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Review: Allue Lip Conditioner in Berry Blast
A rainy Wednesday everyone! The weather is so cold the whole night and even this morning so my skin is really loving it. I don't like going out when it is raining but I like the coolness it gives to the air. I ended up cuddling Hershey under my blanket while we were sleeping :)
Today, I wanted to share with you a good find that I encountered last week. I don't know what came into me but I got attracted to enter HBC at Trinoma before going home. I don't usually look around there because I believed they sell cheap products and it might cause me some allergies. This belief changed when I used their Body Recipe foot balm (I reviewed it here) which was given to me as a gift. That worked great and it was so affordable too. I started looking around and I remembered that I needed a lipbalm since all of my lipbalms at home doesn't work on my very dry lips. I got attracted to the packaging of the Allue lip conditioner so I got that one :)
ALLUE is an HBC brand that targets teens and has a slogan of "My First". The packaging is cute and girly to attract little girls and a lot of times this line is hypoallergenic to suit younger, more sensitive skin. Their price range is also very affordable so that students can afford them.
This photo is courtesy of the HBC website.
I wanted to take a picture personally but I can't seem to get a good quality one so I ended up borrowing this picture from the website and I believe they haven't updated it yet since it's still in pink packaging.
Mine is in a baby blue packaging and the flavor I got is called Berry Blast :)
INGREDIENTS: (as written at the back of the packaging)
Ttriglyceride, Ceresine, Polybutene, Beeswax, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Propyl Paraben, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Cl 15850:2)
AMOUNT OF PRODUCT: 0.12oz / 3.5g
FLAVORS AVAILABLE: Berry Blast, Orange Fizz and Vanilla Surprise
PRICE: Php45 / $1
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT:
- It worked! I can't believe that it gives long lasting moisture to my dry, chappy lips. I don't need to reapply frequently because the moisturizing effect it gave my lips linger even if the product itself is already gone.
I guess my lips absorbs the product well that's why it's a good treatment especially before going to bed since you will wake-up with soft lips.
- It says to have some sort of sunscreen to protect the lips from the UV rays.
- I like the fact that it doesn't leave a waxy texture on my lips. I really hated that sticky feeling.
- I liked the scent too. It's just the right hint of berry which doesn't overpower my nose. It actually smells like candy, in my opinion.
- It applies clear so it won't affect the color of your lipstick. It also gives a little shine so you can skip applying lipgloss if you're looking for a natural look.
- I love lipbalms in a tube. It is very sanitary and I can use it without needing to wash my hands.
- The packaging is very eco-friendly. It is made of carton and can be recyclable.
- The design of the tube is very girly and cute. I wouldn't be embarrassed to use it in public.
- Very affordable. This costs Php45 ($1) only and it works better than most of my expensive lipbalms.
- Readily available in all HBC branches. They also ship internationally I believe.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
- They didn't specify the SPF and PA protection so I'm not sure if it's true or not.
- This contains paraben.
OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5
I am so in love with this product! I definitely recommend it to any one even for kids because ALLUE is actually meant for younger customers :)
WILL I REPURCHASE? Definitely! Why would I buy something more expensive if a cheaper one works the same or even better? ^_^
I have actually bought an Allue blush duo but I am still testing that out so I'll do a separate review on that one after a couple more days :)
Thanks for dropping by!