Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: Ellana Clean It Up Oil-Free Brush Cleaner

Hello everyone! ^_~

Today, I will be reviewing an oil-free brush cleaner from the brand Ellana Minerals Cosmetics. As a makeup enthusiast, I use a lot of brushes on a daily basis. It is actually quite hard to wash them everyday so I needed something to quickly clean them in between washes and so I ended up with this brush cleaner.


Ellana Clean It Up Oil-free Brush Cleaner



INGREDIENTS: Cyclomethicone, Tea trea oil, Triclosan, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol


WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT:

- Does a good job of spot cleaning the brushes in between washing.

- The brushes dries quickly so you can use the brushes again after a couple of minutes.

- It is mild enough so it doesn't damage the bristles of the brushes.

- This contains tea tree oil that fights bacteria. 

- This comes in a pump/atomizer type plastic bottle and it's great in controlling the amount of product you will use for each brush you clean.

- Affordable. This 60ml bottle costs Php170 only and the 120ml is Php320.

- Available locally and is made in the Philippines.


WHAT I DON'T LIKE:

- I hate the scent! It is so strong and it stays on my brushes for quite some time until I need to wash them with baby shampoo. I learned about this when I used this cleaner on my kabuki brush =/

- I don't think this is meant to sanitize face brushes because the fragrance can cause irritation on sensitive skin.


OVER-ALL RATING: 3/5
I can't use this as frequent as I want because of the scent. I am in search for a better brush cleaner.


WILL I REPURCHASE? Definitely not. I can't even finish a small bottle because I can't use it. 

What's your go to brush cleaner? Please share them at the comment section below. I would love to know which brand works great for spot cleaning. 

Thanks for dropping  by!

3 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

Oh no on the strong scent pero seems a good product ha! nareremove talaga ang dirt and best of all? Locally made ang product! :)

Janet said...

awww, too bad the scent is too strong. Glad that I didn't purchase this as I am thinking on purchasing this too. I'll probably just stick with using an anti-bac liquid soap in washing my brushes =)

Crystal Gale said...

Nikki - I agree, its a good product kaya lang di ko keri yung scent haha :)

Janet - naku, I'm back to my baby shampoo too..