Today, I will be reviewing an oil-free brush cleaner from the brand Ellana Minerals Cosmetics. As a makeup enthusiast, I use a lot of brushes on a daily basis. It is actually quite hard to wash them everyday so I needed something to quickly clean them in between washes and so I ended up with this brush cleaner.
Ellana Clean It Up Oil-free Brush Cleaner
INGREDIENTS: Cyclomethicone, Tea trea oil, Triclosan, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT:
- Does a good job of spot cleaning the brushes in between washing.
- The brushes dries quickly so you can use the brushes again after a couple of minutes.
- It is mild enough so it doesn't damage the bristles of the brushes.
- This contains tea tree oil that fights bacteria.
- This comes in a pump/atomizer type plastic bottle and it's great in controlling the amount of product you will use for each brush you clean.
- Affordable. This 60ml bottle costs Php170 only and the 120ml is Php320.
- Available locally and is made in the Philippines.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
- I hate the scent! It is so strong and it stays on my brushes for quite some time until I need to wash them with baby shampoo. I learned about this when I used this cleaner on my kabuki brush =/
- I don't think this is meant to sanitize face brushes because the fragrance can cause irritation on sensitive skin.
OVER-ALL RATING: 3/5
I can't use this as frequent as I want because of the scent. I am in search for a better brush cleaner.
WILL I REPURCHASE? Definitely not. I can't even finish a small bottle because I can't use it.
What's your go to brush cleaner? Please share them at the comment section below. I would love to know which brand works great for spot cleaning.
Thanks for dropping by!