Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gale Eats: Mr. Moo's Pastillas

Happy Wednesday everyone! I almost was unable to post anything today because I lost my eyeglasses this morning and I can't seem to find it. Luckily, I found it around 1pm near the trash bin beside my computer table. I guess it fell there when I was feeding the kittens last night. It was really hard to navigate when you're vision is not clear haha :)

Anyway, I would like to share with yo all the most delicious pastillas I have ever tasted! This is from the brand Mr. Moo's from Tagaytay and it is made from carabao's milk. I love love carabao milk compared to cow's milk. I grew up in the province and my grandma always buys me 1 liter of fresh carabao milk every morning and she will boil it herself before I drink it. Sometimes, she makes me pastillas from those too so eating this brought back childhood memories.


PRICE: Php100 / 15pcs

I always get the jumbo version whenever I buy because I hate getting pastillas that were wrapped in big paper rolls but when you open it you'll find a very small roll of product. So, I was really happy that when I opened Mr. Moo's, it came with a big sized pastillas! It is also wrapped with a clear plastic before wrapping with the traditional white paper. I love this addition because it prevented the pastillas from sticking to the wrapper which always happened to other brands unless they are full of sugar coating.



Speaking of sugar, this one is not full of sugar. I love the right blend of sweetness from white sugar and the creaminess of milk. Everyone who tasted this said the same thing, "This is good. Not too sweet like other brands. Where did you get it?" I think I've found my favorite pastillas ever :)

When you go to Tagaytay, you should try this one. They also sell fresh carabao milk and it is delicious too. I always ask my parents to bring some over as pasalubong whenever they go to our rest house there :)

OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5

This is the best pastillas I've ever tasted. Even if it is priced higher, I would still buy it because it's worth ~

WILL I REPURCHASE? Definitely! This is so delicious! :)


Thanks for dropping by!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Most of the pastillas that are on the market are "babad" with sugar. This pastillas should be good :)

herroyalbleakness said...

Oh wow, I love carabao milk candies, too! I only get them from Alcala and have never known Tagaytay has these sweet treats, too! Yum!

Crystal Gale said...

Kmmyp, yeah that's so true. It's like pure sugar,noh? You should try this one :)

Arj, I really think carabao milk is more delicious than cows :)

AskMeWhats said...

Mahilig ako dito!!!! I would love to try this! Thanks thanks!!!!

Crystal Gale said...

Hi Nikki! :)