Okay, I have found a new discovery that even if they are priced higher, I would still buy them. I found these great brushes at Landmark Trinoma and they are from a line called Artist Studio. I have been testing them out for a couple of weeks already and here's what I thought about them :)
I got the following:
*sorry about the dirty brushes. I haven't washed them yet for this week hehe ^_^
1. Angled flat top brush - Php99.75
Perfect for applying liquid foundation/bb creams
2. Blush brush - P149.75? (I lost the packaging so I can't be sure but this is less than Php200)
I love using this for applying powder and blushes. It fits my face size pefectly.
3. Domed shape crease brush - Php59.75
*compared the size with MAC 217 brush*
I use this for blending undereye concealer. I got it for this purpose only hehe because I love how MAC 217 blends my concealer but I only have one blending brush so I was looking for an alternative and I found this. Luckily, it works!
4. Angled liner brush - Php49.75
*Sorry the photo is a little blurry. I can't seem to make my digicam to focus on this brush.
Perfect for applying precise eyeliner and brow color. I needed one because the pointed eyeliner brush from Suesh is not working anymore. It keeps on getting stiff and it doesn't distribute the eyeliner perfectly so I need a replacement. I don't want to buy a liner brush worth more than 200 and I'm so glad this is cheap! I can get a lot :)
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THEM
- I loved the rose gold ferrule, the white tips and the brownish color on the hairs. It made the brushes looks more expensive than what they really are. All of the brushes in this line costs less than Php200 and the eyeshadow brushes costs less than Php100!
- Made from very soft high quality synthetic hairs. They are really, really soft and doesn't scratch my sensitive skin.
- They did not bleed whenever I wash them with baby shampoo. No shedding too!
- They also don't have a scent to them which I liked. I hated the wet dog smell other brushes have.
- The brushes do their function properly which is great. Who wants a brush that doesn't work, right?
- They keep their shape even after washing.
- The ferrule is solid. It doesn't shake at all which surprised me. It really has a good quality.
- They are packed with hairs! I can't believe these brushes are not flimsy. Even other expensive ones sometimes are flimsy (like Lumiere fibre optic brushes).
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
- There's no name for each brush. You really need to know what you're looking for when you buy these brushes at the department store.
- They come in clear plastic pouches with carton to keep the shape. Although you can use them to travel, \I won't suggest it coz I've made that mistake and I deformed a couple of them. Luckily, they came back to their original state after washing them.
OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5
Even without the individual label, I would still give this a perfect score. They have very good quality plus it's affordable.
WILL YOU REPURCHASE?
Definitely! I will go back and buy a couple more especially some doubles so I can use clean brushes everytime. I would also purchase some for Christmas coz it is the perfect gift for a girlfriend who loves makeup.
Thanks for dropping by!