Happy Thursday everyone! It's the last day of work for those working in the Philippines because it is a long weekend. Yay! Where will you go for vacation? Me, I'm going with my whole family to Tagaytay and the Land Cruiser Club of the Philippines. We are having our annual jamboree this weekend and I'm so excited to see all our friends. LCCP is composed of members that are Land Cruiser enthusiasts and my dad is one of the founders of the club. I am proud to be part of this club because it is family oriented and we always get to bond during family events like this :)
Today, I will review one product that I have been testing for a week now. I got it because I was curious and it's stated to contain salicylic acid so it's perfect for acne prone skin like mine.
ELF Clarifying pressed powder
SHADE I GOT: Ivory
NET WT.: 5g
PRICE: Php125 (so expensive compared to the US which is $1 = Php40 only)
Active: Salicylic Acid 1%
: Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil),
Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum,
Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma)
May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake
(CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue
No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007)
- Controls oils for 4 hours thanks to the kaolin content. This is a great setting powder for oily skin girls.
- I like the size of it. It fits perfectly on my pocket or my small pouch. Perfect to bring during parties for retouch because it have a sponge.
- This gives a little coverage. Just enough to even your skin tone. I used this on top of my moisturizer and I can go out without worrying about looking greasy.
- Gives a matte but natural looking skin. Very light on the face too.
- This contains salicylic acid 1% as the active ingredient.
- ELF is a cruelty free brand :)
- This broke me out! I don't know why when it is meant for acne-prone skin. I tried it a couple of times and it always give me small bumps on the face at the end of the day.
- I believe I can get through this quite fast if I use it everyday and for retouch because after I used it 2x the embossed "elf logo" disappeared already.
- The hiked up price! It's ridiculously x3 compared to the price in the US. $1 = Php40 so even with the tax it should only cost less than a hundred. This product is sold for $3 here in Pinas :(
OVER-ALL RATING: 4/5
I will still be objective about it. Even though it broke me out, I was still happy with the performance while I was using it :)
Thanks for dropping by!