Friday, January 25, 2013

Review: LA Girl Creme Lipstick in Soul Mate

Happy Friday everyone! 

Remember my LA Girl haul last month? Well, this is gonna be the first item there that I'll be reviewing..It's LA Girl Creme Lipstick in Soul Mate. This is my first ever true red lipstick. I got it because I was looking for a red that looks like what Anne Curtis usually wears but cheaper hehe I know I won't be using it everyday so it's better if it's not expensive :)

INGREDIENTS:
SWATCH:

The camera didn't gave it justice. I think the lighting washed out the color too. This is a mid-tone red with blue undertones.

NET WT: 0.12oz/ 3.5g
PRICE: Php 299 at SM Department Store


MY REVIEW:

YAY!!!

- It is really pigmented. One swipe is enough to cover my already pigmented lips. I usually sheer it out using my finger so that I can wear it more for everyday, just like a lip tint.

- This is a great red lipstick shade for my skintone because it is not too bright but not too dark also. I also liked the fact that it looks classic without any hint of orange.

- Affordable. This is sold for $3-4 in the US so the P299 price here is okay for me.

- LA Girl is a cruelty free brand :)

- Very creamy. It applies like a lip butter.

- Not drying to the lips. I can apply this without any lipbalm underneath.


NAY!

- My major gripe for this product is the scent. It has a very strong floral scent/flavor that reminds me of calachuchi (yeah, the white and yellow flower mostly seen in cemeteries). It is the main reason why after a few uses, I kept it hidden away together with unwanted products at the back of my drawer. I can't stand the smell and I can taste it too.

- This bleeds like crazy. It is too creamy so you really need a lipliner underneath it to keep it from straying. 

- Once it's faded, the red coloring settles on the lines of my lips which looks really bad so I got paranoid of always checking myself out.

- The packaging looks cheap. It is made up of poor quality plastic case and even the design is not good :(


OVERALL RATING: 3/5
I love the color, texture and price but the scent is too strong that I don't think it's worth the money even though it's cheap.


Do come back later today and I will upload my review for the next item from my LA Girl Haul :)


Thanks for dropping by!
 

1 comment:

AskMeWhats said...

the shade is super nice on your lips though at mukhang moisturizing sayo! :D