Happy Hearts Day! ~
Today I will be reviewing the Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion. Gokujyun is their red line (lifting + firming) which contains retinol as an active anti-aging ingredient. I have been using this 2x a day since the first week of December and I believe I have tested it enough to give a review.
*Lotion - this is the term used for a facial toner that have a gel texture instead of the usual liquid form.
That being said, having a flip cap is the best way to dispense the product because it gave me control on how much to use every time. Also, this very hygienic :)
This product also came with a free face mask from the same line. I haven't used the mask yet so I don't know how it fares.
HADA LABO is a Japanese brand of skin care that is very famous for being mild, simple and yet very effective. The active ingredient in all of their lines is the Super Hyaluronic Acid which is meant to hydrate the skin better than regular hyaluronic acid.
- This did not broke me out like other anti aging products that I have tried.
- No allergic reactions too.
- Very gentle on the skin. No stinging feeling when applied and I can use this around the eyes too.
- No strong scent. Hada Labo is very famous for having no irritants on their products.
- This tones and moisturizes my skin at the same time.
- Not sticky at all which I am very happy with.
- Dries quickly so I can apply my moisturizer after a minute or so.
- Not available locally. Buying from local resellers is quite expensive.
- I did not see any anti aging benefits yet even after 3 months. I guess, I should have bought the serum version too so it's more effective since toners are not meant to be treatments.
- Apply 2-3 drops on your hand, warm the product first and then apply it on the skin with patting motion for faster absorption.
- Can be stored inside the refrigerator for a more refreshing feel.
- Best to be used with other moisturizer as this is not enough even for oily skin.
OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5
I love this toner! This did not irritate my skin and it helps my moisturizer get absorb better. I just hope I can buy it easily since this is quite affordable if bought in Japan.
WILL I REPURCHASE? Definitely! I will probably get the serum too so that it is more effective :)
Have you tried any Hada Labo products? Which one is your favorite? I am intrigued with the shiroyjun (whitening/blue) line and will probably get those next to test out.
Thanks for dropping by!