Friday, June 28, 2013

Review: LUSH Godiva Shampoo Bar

Happy Friday everyone! It's a bright and sunny day and I'm feeling really good right now since my colds are gone yay! :)

Today, I will be reviewing another shampoo bar from Lush Cosmetics. I really like their hair care line because they didn't break me out and there's also minimal to no hair fall whenever I use them.  I have been contemplating which shampoo to try and have decided to get the popular Godiva 2 in 1 shampoo bar.

*photo courtesy of Lush USA website because I was unable to take a picture before I used it*


According to Lush:
Our vegan, 2-in-1 shampoo bar cleans and conditions your hair with moisturizing nut oils and shea butter. These butters and oils care for dry, processed locks and leave you with glossy, shiny, and softened tresses. Long used as a tonic for the hair and scalp, jasmine also perfumes your locks with an ultra-sexy fragrance with serious staying power. Named after a certain naked protestor, Godiva gets to work sending a message to your hair. 

INGREDIENTS:
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate , Propylene Glycol , Perfume , Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) , Stearic Acid , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetrimide , Camella Oil (Camella japonita) , Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Organic Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia) , Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale) , Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata) , Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens) , Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini) , Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale) , Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum) , Cocamide DEA , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Benzyl Alcohol , Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool


NET WT: 55g
PRICE: Php525 


MY THOUGHTS ON GODIVA SHAMPOO BAR

YAY!

- This cleanses my hair and scalp thoroughly. All the build up of products that I have used before were gone after one wash. Can be used as a clarifying shampoo but not as drying like other brands.

- Keeps my hair soft without the need of a conditioner which saves me time and money hehe. You might think at first that your hair is too squeaky clean (while it's wet) and is in need of a conditioner but just wait until your hair dries and it will surprisingly felt soft.

- It gives my hair volume. I have limp hair so having a bouncy full locks without the use of a styling tool is a big plus.

- Keeps my scalp and hair smelling good the whole day.

- I did not experience any hair fall. Whenever I use commercially available shampoos, I get a lot of hair fall during my shower but I didn't experience that with this.

- Did not irritate my skin so no breakouts on my scalp and back. That's one of my problems with other brands and those acne were painful to the touch and hard to heal. I'm so glad Lush is always there to the rescue to help me heal.

- One bar is said to be good for 80 washes (equivalent to 3 bottles of shampoo). I have long hair now (past bra line) so I think I can get around 60 washes from this instead of 80...actually, I think this can last me for 4-5 months because I have already used it for a month and it's still looks the same.

- Lastly, having great customer service is always a big plus in my book. I always buy from Lush SM North because the staff there is so accommodating and helpful everytime I visit the store.


NAY!

- This is softer and easier to melt compared to the other shampoo bars that I have tried from Lush. Maybe it's because it has a lot of oils in it to make it moisturizing so it's not that solid. I just place it in a container where it can dry completely and won't get reached with water whenever someone takes a shower.

- It is not enough to make your hair tangle free. My hair is soft and volumized but it can get tangled at the ends very quickly. My hair is naturally like that so I think I need to do a weekly deep conditioning to help Godiva along.


- It is quite pricey at Php500+ for one small bar. It is still worth it though :)



OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5
I love everything about it! No wonder Godiva is such a popular and well loved product. It does everything it said it will and you definitely won't get disappointed with the performance. I just hope it doesn't melt that fast.


WILL I REPURCHASE? Yes but not anytime soon. I plan on trying out all of Lush's shampoos, both the solid bars and the liquids, but I can definitely see myself using this for a long time.


What's your favorite Lush shampoo? I would like to know yours so that I can try them too! :)


Thank you for dropping by!
 

No comments: