Thursday, July 4, 2013

KDrama Review: Flowerboy Ramyun Shop

I had finished watching another Kdrama and I am really digging tvN right now. I have learned to watch cable TV Korean dramas because they are a little less restricted and will most definitely have a better approach to the story :)



TITLE: Flowerboy Ramyun Shop / Flowerboy Ramen Shop
EPISODES: 16
GENRE: Comedy, Love Story
BROADCASTING NETWORK: tvN
BROADCAST PERIOD: October 31-December 20, 2011
AIRING TIME: Monday-Tuesday
PLOT SUMMARY:
Yang Eun Bi is a 25 year old college student preparing for her civil service exam so that she can become a PE high school teacher. She encounters Cha Chi Soo, the arrogant son of the biggest food conglomerate in Korea. Both of them end up working at a ramyun shop run by the lazy Choi Kang Hyuk.


*source of info: drama wiki*




CASTS:
Jung Il woo as Cha Chi Soo
Lee Chung Ah as Yang Eun Bi
Lee Ki Woo as Choi Kang Hyuk
Park Min Woo as Kim Ba Wool
Jo Yoon Woo as Woo Hyun Woo

* for the list of the complete cast click here*


MY THOUGHTS:

OMG! I love this drama! I think I have re-watched this so many time within this week especially my fave scenes. It's so funny and there are some scenes that are really so romantic and "nakakakilig". I know this is not a new drama but I just got attracted to it after watching one episode from a re-run at tvN last weekend. And I don't think I will forget that Kimchi Kiss scene because it's so memorable especially if you will put it beside other dramas in that genre. Even without me knowing the premise of the story and even though it's just that scene that I saw, I got so attracted to it that I went ahead and watched the whole drama in 2 days :)



This drama is also full of handsome young men and it's really an eye candy even to me who is already 27 y/o haha. I also love how they made them have something quirky in their personality just so they won't appear too perfect and unrealistic. I really would like to give a shout out for the casting director because ALL the cast have done a great job in portraying their parts on top of their good looks which I'm pretty sure is the main criteria why they became part of the cast hehe.

The storyline itself is not that unique (a high school student falling in love with his teacher), but the way they portrayed that is what made Flowerboy Ramyun Shop special. The way they showed how Cha Chi Soo's emotions developed and how he became more mature towards the end is what made it meaningful. Also, Yang Eun Bi is not your typical girl either which is why the whole drama became so fun to watch. She really have a temper  and a very unique charm that attracts guys to her.

I don't want to give out a lot of details as to not give spoilers to those of you who haven't watched the drama, so this is my last one. This drama contains two of the best kiss scenes ever! Jung Il woo really knows how to kiss and he do it so manly that it will make your knees weak if you're the girl he did that to. If you searched in Google and at Youtube "best Korean drama kisses", his kisses here at Flowerboy Ramyun Shop will definitely be included in the top 5 hehe. And having an actress that responds well to the kiss is also one of the major points this drama have. And that is one of the reason why cable TV drama is special because kissing scenes doesn't become a peck with the girl's eyes open and lips not moving with the camera going merry go round LOL.




OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5

I really can't find anything I don't like in this drama. I really really enjoyed it! This is definitely in my drama list that I will re-watch often and still get the same giddy feeling every time. Definitely a must-see drama if you love Asian dramas like me.

To watch the English subbed videos of this drama, go to DRAMAFANS website or click the link below.




Thanks for dropping by!


No comments: