Monday, February 22, 2016

Product Review: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Hello everyone! I hope all of you had a great week. =)

Today, I will review the very popular Urban Decay Primer Potion eyeshadow base. I was able to get a deluxe sample together with my Urban Decay Smoked palette when I purchased it last year. I was so excited because the only time I was able to try it was when one of my friends gave me some on a pot but that didn't end up well so I thought it might be because it was already exposed to the air. So now that I have one in its proper container then I would definitely be able to test it out. 


Now, I have oily skin & my eyes are hooded plus I live in a country that is always humid so I really need a good eyeshadow primer that will help my eyeshadow to stay put & not crease on me. I am always for a lookout for the best one whether it is high-end or drugstore.
*photo credits to owner .. I don't have my own photo because I threw out my tube when it broke.

According to Urban Decay website:
"Eyeshadow Primer Potion is coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for 24 hours and NEVER CREASES! Once you experience its powers (plus how smoothly it glides on – an added bonus) you'll never want to live without it."
  

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT:

- Makes eyeshadows stay longer on my oily lids without creasing.

- Makes eyeshadows more vibrant compared to if you don't use any base.

- Dries translucent so it won't affect the color of your eyeshadows.

- Texture is good for making pigments cling to your lids.

- No drying time needed before you apply your eyeshadows.

- I think the price is okay if this will work for you. It is pricey but I think you will get a lot of good use for it since you don't need to use a lot for every use.

- It now comes in a squeeze tube. Very easy to squeeze out product & you have good control on the amount you want to dispense.



WHAT I DON'T LIKE:

- This clumps so bad on me. I really can't have a smooth surface especially on the outer edge of my eyes. It looks like dead skin cells and I can't blend it out & just looks worst when I try.

- This is not good for dry & mature skin. This clings to dry patches & wrinkles. 

- I can't use this on my lower lashline under my concealer as it clumps together.

- Very hard to spread out. I always end up tugging my eyelids whenever I apply this.

- My tube broke around the tip area after a couple of months. I'm not sure if the quality of the packaging is poor because this is only a sample or if the full size is still like this.



OVER-ALL RATING: 3/5
This is an average quality product for me. I like my Etude House Proof 10 eyeshadow primer over this & that's like half the price. If only this spreads better & doesn't clump I would have loved this and give it a 4/5 as it did make my eyeshadow more vibrant and increases the longevity of my eye looks. I guess this is better for those that doesn't have any dry patches around their eyes.

WILL I PURCHASE THIS AGAIN? Nope. This is the same issue I had when I tried it years ago. I rarely reach for it because of my struggle to smooth it out all over my lids. I would prefer not to use any primer at all and that's saying something. I'm just lucky that I didn't get the full size coz that would be a waste of money.

I know this is a cult favorite and you might like it. I also don't know if I just got a bad batch. Nevertheless,  we'll all have different opinions about certain products because of different conditions. I would suggest if you haven't tried this yet, go ahead & buy coz it might work for you. But if you are on a budget & doesn't want to spend too much, I really believe the one from Etude House is really comparable and it spreads a lot better too.


What are your favorite eyeshadow primers? Please let me know so that I can try them out. =)


Until next time. Thank you for dropping by!

No comments: