Monday, March 14, 2016

Korean Drama Spotlight: Descendants of the Sun

Hello everyone! =)

Today, I want to give a shout out to the drama that I have been loving lately. This is the 1st Korean TV drama that have been completed in one go before airing unlike the traditional way of shooting the scenes while it is still being aired on television. I think this is because the majority of the scenes have taken place in Urk & needs a good cinematography & props. This means that this story will progress and end as what the writer & director wanted and won't be affected by the viewers rating.

File:Descendants of the Sun-p1.jpg

DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN

Episodes: 16
Network: KBS2
Release date: February 24 - April 14, 2016
Airing time: Wednesday & Thursday
 PLOT:
This is a story of Captain Yoo Shi Jin of the Special Forces & Dr. Kang Mo Yeon, a great surgeon who failed to become a professor because of lack of connections. They have great attraction from the beginning but has decided to part ways after several of their dates not ending up well due to their professions. 8 months later & they met again in a mission at Urk.

CASTS:
Song Joong Ki as Yoo Shi Jin
Song Hye Kyo as Kang Mo Yeon
Jin Goo as Seo Dae Yeong
Kim Ji Won as Yoon Myeong Joo


For a more detailed casts check out Asian Wiki.


My thoughts about this drama after watching the first 6 episodes:

OMG! This drama is great!  This is the first drama of Song Joong Ki after his military service that ended last year. I do believe this is a great comeback for him. I am a Joong Ki fan since Sangkyukwan Scandal and he is really a great actor so this role fits him perfectly. Also, since he just came from the military, his acting is more believable as he did underwent the proper basic training for soldiers. And did I mention he is hot in this drama? He came back so manly. Gone with the aura of a pretty poster boy. He just came back as a gorgeous hunk in my eyes haha =)


He also have great onscreen chemistry with Song Hye Kyo. The way they interact is so natural & believable. I love all of their scenes together because you can see the conflict in their eyes because of their situation. I can't say anymore as I don't want to spoil this drama to others who have not watched this yet. All I can say is that I can't get any more excited about seeing how their love story will end. I just hope this is a happy ending *crossing my fingers*. The story is so unpredictable so I don't know where it is headed but I really do hope this will end well.



I also enjoyed the love story of the second lead. It is nice to see Kim Ji Won  not acting as a young heiress who gets everything she wants. Seeing her as a military surgeon is a breathe of fresh air & I believe this role will give her more opportunities in the future. She deserves to be given more mature roles as she can definitely do it as evidence in this drama. Her love story w/Dae Yong is also realistic in a way. I am getting invested in their story too which I could see glimpses of every episode. I can't wait to see how theirs will unfold.

Over-all, I encourage all of you drama-fanatics to please watch & support Descendants of the Sun because this is legit & will make you want to push that replay button over and over again until the next episode comes haha =)


XOXO,

No comments: