Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Final Review: Skin79 Super+ BB Cream (hot pink)

Hi guys! It has been a long time since my last post..sorry..been busy and tired from my hospital duties..and also I've been thinking a lot about my hobbies..I'll tell you all about it on my next post..but for now, I'll be sharing with you my final verdict on the Skin79 Super+ BB cream (hot pink) . Here's my intial review on this BB cream :)
Remember what I told you about my skin acting up because of my skin asthma and the hot weather? Well as soon as my skin healed from it, I waited for at least a week then I tried using Skin79 BB cream again..My dermatologist told me to test the product for 3 straight days to see if I'm sensitive with a product or not so that's what I did..I did that 3x since I bought this product and here's the result :)

PROS
- has 3 functions: whitening, sun protection and anti aging
- very easy to blend
- not that expensive compared to other BB cream brands
- has no strong scent
- staying power is good
- my skin looks great after I remove this at the end of the day
- gives a very flawless appearance
- coverage can be controlled
- a small amount goes a long way with this product
CONS
- made me itch a little if the weather is very hot an humid (which happens with majority of face products I use..even with MMU and sunblocks)
- gave me small bumps (my derma told me they are comedones/whiteheads) whenever I use it for 3 straight days
- not availablle locally (only thru resellers/pre orders)
OVER-ALL RATING: If only it did not made me breakout I'll give this product 4.5/5..but since it did, I'll give it a 3/5.
WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? No. I'll just buy another brand of BB cream..I just hope I can find someone who sells samples that's good for 2weeks of trial like with BRTC..
I'm actually sad that this did not worked for me..I really love this product! But since I don't want to spend more money for skin treatments again, I'll just continue to look for a better one..I'm just glad that my sister loves it and she agreed to buy it from me hehe..I will now have a new budget to buy a new one :)

Till my next post! I promise to tell you about what I'm thinking about regarding my hobbies..Sayonara! (I want to use Japanese this time hehe) :)

17 comments:

Chrissy said...

It sucks when things make you break out, no? :(

fuzkittie said...

Sorry it broke you out, BRTC totally breaks me out.

AskMeWhats said...

What's your next target?? BRTC? I'm sorry this gives you a bump!!!! But at least you made someone happy! Your sister! :)

Crystal Gale said...

Chrissy - yes it sucks especially if it really looks great on you and you can't use it :(

Fuz - is Legere okay for sensitive skin? I might try that one next or Missha perfect coz they look and works on you! :)

Nikki - yah hehe she's happy coz she loves sunblocks! I have tried BRTC and it looks thick and ashy on me..maybe I'll try Legere or Missha since thay are getting great reviews too :)

DeBi said...

that's sad...im sorry for you...

Crystal Gale said...

^ thanx for dropping by DeBi :)

Cik Sehari said...

i've tried brtc b4, but sorry to tell u that brtc is not really good as u think... though it not breaks me out, but, it make my skin very oily... what a contradict huh...

Crystal Gale said...

^hi sahariatul! what BB creams that did work for you? I'm on the look out for a good one :)

Emily said...

thanks for the review ....too bad it didnt work out for you, but thanks for the review and telling us bout' the pros and cons

check out this other bb cream on my blog :] http://ohwowsorandom.blogspot.com/2009/07/beauty-product-review-shills-perfect.html#comments

freskanova said...

hi.... i have the same prob too!! it works real nicely on my face, but i get whitehead afterwards!!! in fact i was only using BB cream plus pigeon baby compact powder on my face u know...
i still feel tempted to continue using cos the effect is really nice, flawless, natural and oilfree!!! but i get bumbs and my skin loook rough after i wash at the end of the day...

Crystal Gale said...

^ hi freskanova! maybe your skin is sensitive too..have you tried using the bb cream alone without the baby powder? some people also get breakouts when they use baby powder on their face..if you still get bumps, maybe you need to try other brands of bb cream..beauty credit lovely green tea bb cream did not broke me out :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, i have medium skin tone and oily, i was very excited about try this but i've read your review and i think it made me feel dissappointed T_T.... what can you say??? please, can you recommend to me another one, my friend is leaving to Japan next week so, i wanna take the chance to get a bb cream... thank you ^_^ ~

Crystal Gale said...

Hi natsu! This BB cream really works great for my sister and my friend..so it really depends on your skin...hmm, I suggest you try BRTC perfect recover and innisfree trouble care bb cream..they did not broke me out :)

A said...

Damn, that is too bad...I have realyl acne prone, clog prone skin. :( I want to try this so bad...but I am a little nervous now...

*sigh*
thanks for the updated review!

Crystal Gale said...

Hi Angel! why don't you try other bb cream brands specifically made for acne prone skin? Innisfree and BRTC carry them :)

Anonymous said...

I'm 26 with fair skin and I tend to break out easily. I've been using samples of Dr. Young's 2b bb cream (hard to find online). It's a bit expensive, but it's really great for any skin type, especially if you're sensitive or acne-prone. If you find it, try it out. It is sold in local stores here in Las Vegas for $48 a 40g tube. I've been using it for a month now, and my acne went from a bunch to almost none...

Crystal Gale said...

Jeannie - Thank you for the suggestion! I will try to get my hands on a tube :)