Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Hits & Misses + a glimpse inside my room ^_^

The end of 2011 is nearing...just a couple more days till the start of 2012. I can't believe that everything flew so fast and that it had been another great year I spent with you guys...I'm really looking forward to new friends that I will meet in the future through my blog ^_^

To end 2011, I have decided to do a HITS and MISSES list instead of my TOP 10 PRODUCTS like last year because majority of my HG products are still the same hehe...I am still in love with the same brushes (Ellana buffer brush, Lumiere duo fiber brush, MAC 217, Loew COrnell 3/8 mop brush) and the same products (Ellana Sheer Velvet powder, Ellana concealer in Cheer, LipIce Sheer Color) so I d on't think it will be exciting to read haha ^_^

I have tried quite a few products and it is quite hard to narrow it down into a dozen products that I loved and can also be included in my HG list...It is also understandable that I did not fell in love with all of the items I purchased like I hoped. So here's a summary of what I loved and what I didn't liked. These products were all purchased by me within the year.

To start, these are the top rookies...I have consistently used these products so much since I got them ^_^

From the back, L-R:

1. Yummy mini cookbooks
I am just starting in my quest to be the best cook...well, that is my dream anyway haha ^_^

Seriously, I just started learning how to cook mid 2011. I love eating but I really can't cook and it makes me feel bad. I always get words from my parents like, "Magaasawa ka na, ano ipapakain mo sa kanila?"...And since I am really gonna get married soon and I don't want my family to eat instant noodles and fried foods forever, I decided to study on my own. And these books helped me a lot. These are very beginner friendly because the instructions are so easy to follow and the ingredients can easily found in local groceries because they are locally published. Affordable too, only Php125 ^_^

2. Samsung Netbook
My new baby...without her, I won't be able to blog, check my mails, watch shows and do my work. It is very handy and the battery life is really good so whenever I bring this to clients, I won't need to bring my charger anymore. Since it is very light and small, I can just fit it inside my bag without people thinking that I have a laptop with me (Iwas snatcher di ba? hehe)..The best buy I did this year..definitely ^_^

3. Fringe holder
I am so in love with this fringe holder. I have 4 pieces in 2 colors (black and blue). I use the blue one when I'm home and the black one if I go out. Whenever I don't want my bangs to get on my face, like when I'm doing something or eating, I just pin my fringe up with this sticky thing. I love the fact that it doesn't tug on my hair like other hair clips and it also doesn't create waves so if I want to let down my bangs I can easily do so.

The only problem I have with this is that it is so hard to find locally and you need to order it. But aside from that, I always get compliments on how unique they are and how effective they work ^_^

4. Tony Moly backstage liner duo in 01
I purchased this because of Brigitte's review. I love gel liners but all of the brands I tried like MAC and Stila dried out after a couple of months. Brigitte said that this won't dry out and it is very pigmented and doesn't smudge so I decided to grab it. I got myself the duo one because all of the available single black are shimmery and not too dark, and I like matte black liners. Plus, I also like the fact that it is combined with a shimmery white liner! I will give an in-depth review of this product soon. But for now, all I can say is that I really, really love this! ^_^

5. Etude House AC Clinic Red Spot Balm
I have been using this product for the last 6 months or so on areas that I have a lot of acne marks. I love this product because aside from the fact that it lightens dark spots, it also has ingredients that help in healing existing pimples. I'm just sad that I don't have before and after pictures to show you guys, but trust me, they work great on marks! I am so gonna repurchase this hehe ^_^

6. Etude House Moistful moisturizer gel
Okay, so this not mine personally but my sister's hehe...I just use it for free ^_^

I use this every day because it supplies the moisture my skin needed. I have COmbination oily skin and I'm so happy that this product works for me even though it is really meant for dry skin like my sister. And it works very well on her too...And the fun part? It doesn't break me out ^_^

7. Nature Republic Eyes and Lips Makeup remover in Pink
I am not sure if I have done an in-depth review on this product, if not, I will post one because this is by far the best eye makeup remover I tried ever. It removes even waterproof mascaras with ease. It is also gentle enough that it doesn't irritate my eyes. And affordable too, I believe it is around Php500 only and available locally.

8. MBM Stemcell Eyecream
I have been using this for a month now and I honestly haven't seen any improvement on my dark circles because I always stay up very very late for the past 2 weeks because of the holidays. BUT I am loving it for it because it give my eyes enough moisture ( I did not get any millia underneath my eyes), it absorbs very quickly, and it is very affordable. I will still do a diary on this like promised, I just wanted to share that I am loving it so far ^_^

9. Tony Moly Nail polish remover
Out of all the nail polish removers I tried, this one removes polishes the fastest. It is also very economical because I can remove my nail polishes using only one cotton ball soaked with the product. It also doesn't contain acetone so it is not drying. It is way better than the Face Shop one IMO ^_^

10. Sofy body Fit sanitary napkin.
This is my HG sanitary pads. I have never experienced any accidental leaks night or day, regardless of activities with this pad. There are times that I need to seat for around 5hours without bathroom breaks and this pad can still contain my flow even if it is so heavy. I am so so in love with this. No irritations too unlike when I use Whisper (I get rashes). I really hope they won't discontinue this brand..

11. Suesh eyeliner brush
This is the first time I've ever used a pointy eyeliner brush. I've always been fond of flat angled liner brushes for applying gel liners because they are so easy to use but this Suesh liner brush is way better! I can create as thin or as thick of an eyeliner I want. It is also easy to line my upper lashline with this because it has the right stiffness to it and I have control in the application. I want to get another one for my white gel liner hehe. It is affordable too, only Php200 ^_^

12. Etude House Missing You Lipbalm in Penguin (not in the picture)
My night lip balm. I use this in exchange of my petroleum jelly at night. I love applying this generously on my lips before I go to sleep and I will always wake up with moisturized lips. No irritations and it gives me enough moisture every time ^_^

Here's my review on the product. Just click here.

13. Nature Republic Nail polishes (not in the picture)
I love how long lasting they are and much cheaper than The Face Shop too! Easy to apply and the shine stays on for at at least 2 weeks. I don't even need a top coat to make it last longer since it does good on its own. I will definitely try out more colors ^_^

14. Imarflex Electric Mixer
This is a Christmas gift from my bf. He knows I love baking and I don't have a mixer yet (I whisk stuff manually by hand haha) so he gave me this to make things easier for me. I am loving it to bits and I have created a couple of things using this already. It is not too heavy and it is very easy to clean so it's all good, plus the fact that it is a gift from my beloved, which made it extra special ^_^

15. Oster Electric Oven
Well, I do love sweets and I was always intrigued if I can bake...well, well, I even surprised myself that after the second try, I already can follow the recipes I found online haha can you say I'm so lucky? Almost all of my baked goodies tasted so good! So this oven is now one of my favorite items in the house and I have used it quite a lot. It cooks evenly and it is very easy to clean. I also love how light it is to carry so I can transfer it from one place to another with ease. The only negative on this product? Well, it's 110V because I got it from an American surplus store haha ^_^

**And now, the products that I didn't like and regretted buying...

1. Tony Moly Intense Repair Live Snail Cream and Eyecream
Check out my complete review on this product why it got included in this list. Overall, it is too expensive and it was not suitable on my skin. I really wouldn't mind spending thousands on a good product but I really felt bad that my money just got wasted because it only made me breakout :(


2. Carmex lipbalm in a tube
I really hated the scent and taste of the product. It keeps on reminding me of Sanity Balm whenever I use iton my lips.

My review on this product here.

3. The Body Shop Born Lippy in orange flavor
I don't know why I don't like this specific flavor but it irritates me. I also don't like the glitters and orangey color it gives on my lips. It so not flattering on me. Luckily, this is just a gift to my mom and she just gave it to me since she also didn't like the scent.

Although I like the raspberry flavored one so it is not the lip balm in general but just this specific flavor.

4. Nature Republic Collagen BB cream
This is a sample size I got when I purchased my makeup remover. I thought I would like it but after using it several times, I don't reach for it anymore. It has a very light coverage regardless of the amount you used. I can't build up the coverage even if I had already done at 3 layers. It is also not long lasting on me. The only thing I like about this is it has antiaging and SPF.

5. Natural Science Herbal Products MFG. Tawas
Okay, I don't usually use deodorant/antiperspirant because I got a phobia when I used Secret when I was still a teenager and it stained my UA. But since I do get sweaty very easily on my underarms and I usually wear sleeved shirts, I decided to try a natural one so I bought this. I thought it can help with the sweat but it totally did nothing except stain my shirts. So useless :(

6. My Phone Dual Sim
If you're my friend in Facebook, you definitely saw my post...I can't seem to operate it. My contacts don't appear, it's so hard to text and I can't seem to read all my messages. It just frustrates the heck out of me. I know it is cheap but I just hoped I got a regular Nokia phone or something. I was unable to text a greeting to my friends and family last Christmas since I can't find their numbers huhu :(

So that ends my HIT & MISSES of 2011! I hope you enjoyed reading them ^_^

And now, for a glimpse of my room...I sleep under the bunk bed and my sister sleeps on top. We share a room so I can't really show you the whole room because I haven't asked permission from her yet hehe ^_^

That's my college graduation picture, my best friend Rachelle and me (the poster was a gift from her), a board where I pin pictures of my boyfriend, and a poster of Jang Geun Suk (a freebie when Nature Republic opened) ^_^

A poster of JYJ, 2AM (I got this during their mini-concert here in Pinas) and Super Junior (This poster is a gift of my sister)

I have plastic containers that hold my novels under my bed. I am now very cautious about termites and water so I decided to transfer them from my bookshelf to these to keep them safe ^_^
And this is my little station. I have huge plastic containers at the back that contains all my photo albums, CDs, cassette tapes, magazines, college books and notes that I love to keep, and other stuff. And this small table is where I do my blogging. As usual, I have a container full of chocolates beside me and my printer underneath.

This is my where I keep my makeup. I have already finished sorting them out and I already gave away the things that I don't use.

and on top of that, I keep my skin care products. And yes, I do wear myobrace when I sleep for maintainance. I used to have braces and I got it removed when I was in college. I had it for 6 years hehe ^_^


So yeah, this will be my last post for the year 2011. I hope you did not get bored! Happy New Year everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Pammy said...

So sad for the Misses but yay for the hits. Happy 2012, Gale! :)