Friday, November 9, 2012

Gale Reads: Whisphers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls #4) by C.C. Hunter

Finally! I was able to get my hands on a copy of Whispers At Moonrise-- the fourth book in the Shadow Falls Series by C.C. Hunter



I have waited a long time for this book because the cliff hanger in Book 3 was so bad haha. If you want to read my book review on the first 3 books in the series, click here.

TITLE: Whispers at Moonrise
AUTHOR: C.C. Hunter
GENRE: Young Adult, Love Story, Paranormal (Werewolves, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Witches, Fae)
SERIES: Shadow Falls Series
SYNOPSIS: (from Goodreads)
Even at a camp for supernatural teens, Kylie Galen has never been normal. Not only can she see ghosts, but she doesn’t seem to belong to any one species—she exhibits traits from them all. As Kylie struggles to unlock the secrets of her identity, she begins to worry that Lucas will never be able to accept her for what she is, and what she isn’t…a werewolf.  With his pack standing in their way, Kylie finds herself turning more and more to Derek, the only person in her life who’s willing to accept the impossible.

As if life isn’t hard enough, she starts getting visits from the ghost of Holiday, her closest confidante.  Trouble is, Holiday isn’t dead…not yet anyway.  Now Kylie must race to save one of her own from an unseen danger before it’s too late—all while trying to stop her relationship with Lucas from slipping away forever.   In a world of constant confusion, there’s only one thing Kylie knows for sure.  Change is inevitable and all things must come to an end…maybe even her time at Shadow Falls.



COVER TALK:
The cover is still good but I liked the first ones better. This cover shows Kylie inside the gates of the cemetery and it signifies a lot about the troubles Kylie is experiencing at her life. The colors and tones of the book cover is so dark and mysterious that it reflects her feelings perfectly.

On the side note, I believe this series will consist of 5 books and the conclusion will be Chosen At Nightfall  that will go out next year April 2013. So long... Well at least there's already a book cover for it and it's gorgeous! :)



MY REVIEW:
I am in love with this series! C.C. Hunter is a really great story teller. The smooth flow of her stories from one book to the next in this series is awesome. I liked that this series feels like it's one whole book just divided into 5 and the ending of each feels like it's just a chapter ending. I can't believe I'll get so frustrated in waiting for this 4th installment because the cliffhanger of book 3, Taken at Dusk, that I've read last July is kinda out there and it really made me reach for the next one haha. Luckily, this series comes out every 6 months and not once a year like the others, if not, I don't know how I will handle the suspense of waiting to know what happens next in Kylie Galen's life and Shadow Falls Camp :)

Whispers at Moonrise is a little different from the previous 3 because this one feels like it is complete even though I know there is another one coming. Complete, meaning, all the raised conflicts from all 4 are handled already except for the 2 which will be talked about in the last installment, Chosen at Nightfall. This did not end with an irritating cliff hanger so I am quite happy although I still can't wait for April to come so I can read the next one.

There's a lot of surprising revelations in this book and it answered a lot of questions. It also has a lot of twists especially in the love triangle department between Kylie, Lucas and Derek. Personally, I'm a Lucas Team just because theirs is a long term love affair wherein they have known each other since they were kids and they both are in love...and they have a lot of conflicts too. Derek is a good match too but I guess he will be the boring choice and I think they are better of as friends who understand each other a lot. I would hate to see Kylie and Derek ending up as a couple because I believe their good relationship will change once that happens.

I also enjoyed reading about Kylie's friends who have found their partners already and are really happy. Socks is also happy now because of what Kylie did accidentally. I always enjoy the girl bonding scenes because their thoughts and dialogues really reflected how teenagers think. I really salute C.C. Hunter for making everything realistic.

[Spoiler alert]

The conflicts I'm talking about are 1) Who will Kylie choose between Derek and Lucas once she gets back, 2) Will she be able to master her traits as a Chameleon so she can go back to Shadow Falls and lastly 3) What will the FRU do next to get Kylie. 

I'm also curious how she will adapt in her new world full of people like her and also how her relationship with her grandfather will develop. I really believe it would be really interesting to know how she will try to learn everything as fast as she could just so she can go back to her friends and family at Shadow Falls.

Book 5 will definitely be an interesting read and I'm hoping it would be a a great conclusion to the series.


OVER-ALL RATING: 5/5
I love this book! Everything is detailed and there's no hanging conflicts that can give problems to the next book. I really can't find any fault with this one. Definitely a good read.


Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: