Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review: Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Invisible Treatment Gel

Hello everyone! Please stay dry because it's raining hard again and it's quite easy to get the flu.

Anyways, you might have noticed that I haven't been posting a lot of facial products these last few months and I wanted to tell you why. My skin is definitely rebelling right now because I have been breaking out for more than 2 months now. I can't seem to find out the culprit and I am trying to remove the products I use one by one to check if that's causing all these problems. I have also not been applying makeup except for undereye concealer and lipstick because I don't want to aggregate the condition of my skin. The only constant thing I apply on my skin are my basic skincare which are my cleanser, toner and treatment gel.

I have bought the Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Invisible Treatment Gel at Healthy Options more than 2 months ago to try and test if it will work better than the oil control lotion I tried before from this line. I have read reviews that this is the main treatment from the line and that it works great so I went ahead and got it since it's really affordable at Php300+ only. And I'm really in need of a treatment fix for my skin. I have been using this 2x a day for 2 months now and here's my thoughts on this product.

 *photo credit from the Alba Botanica website*

HIGHLIGHTS:
100% Vegetarian. 
No: Animal Testing, Artificial Colors, Artificial Fragrances, Parabens, Phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Myreth Sulfate

INGREDIENTS:

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2.0 % 

Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, SD Alcohol 40-B, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract (1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (1), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil (2), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (2), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (2), Citral, Limonene, Linalool (1) Certified Organic Ingredient; (2) Natural Fragrance


MY REVIEW

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE PRODUCT:

- This is an all natural product and Salicylic Acid usually works for my skin.

- It did not cause any allergic reaction to my sensitive skin.

- Very affordable. Just around P300 and it will definitely last you months because you will only need a small amount at a time.

- It comes in a squeeze tube with a pointed tip so controlling the amount of product that will be dispensed is easy.

- No strong scent.

- Spreads easily and dries up fast and clear so it can be used just prior to makeup application.

- Cruelty free, vegan product.

- Available locally in all Healthy Options store.


WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

- Makes my skin dry up and therefore makes it oilier. Although this is a common effect of acne treatment so it's not a big deal for me. I just wanted to share it as a headsup.

- Doesn't do anything. My skin's condition looks and feels the same with or without this in my skin care routine.

- This will definitely not work for active acne because even my pimples can't be treated by this.


OVER-ALL RATING: 1/5


I think this is just a waste of money. It doesn't do anything because it did not treat my existing pimples and it doesn't prevent new ones from appearing.I'm giving up on this. I have been using this 2x a day for 2 months now because I want to give it time to work on me but I guess I need to look for another acne treatment soon before my skin gets worse. I am now starting to have cystic acne again so that's a bad sign.


Can you guys suggest anything? I am eyeing MyChelle products right now because I have been reading a lot of good stuff about them. But they are so expensive here in the Philippines and I am worried that they won't work for me again. If you have trusted acne products do share them with me. Thank you!


Hugs,

1 comment:

Cris said...

Haven't you tried something like from Dermclinic or Belo. Like the AHA Soap and their toner?I mean their acne set or kit.